Kimjon

Members
  • Content Count

    1,592
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Kimjon

  1. Its just a mockup, but I've accumulated enough parts to pretty much get it done. Going to try a cvt on this one. I've never used a cvt on a trike yet, but I think I may be on to a good thing. Time will tell???
  2. Okay, I've got a crush on this paint job. And the double seat. It really transforms the look. So.... I agreed to buy this one. I'll get it redone in brown leather. Ummm eventually...when I can afford to, aka I'm broke arse again after buying this shit. But hey, a future project for me to start obsessing over.
  3. @cletus roughly what ballpark number will the under side blasting and painting cost? Its on my should get it done, but other things come up I want more list.
  4. Hell yeah! Such a tidy job all round looks great.
  5. I take back any and all derogatory comments I've ever made or implied regarding vans, and any suggested links to pedophilia. Cheers Mike...legend! Scooter safely getting transportation in the luxurious comfort of a sexy van of fine distinction.
  6. 50cc or 150cc...same, same. Picking up tomorrow...yes!!!
  7. Dam it, I've gotta go to Auckland. Was keen af new toy to bring Brommmm brrrroommm!!!
  8. Whats ceacklelackingling this month? Anything happening? When? More questions than answers...
  9. Looking good. Cool project, keep up the updates please.
  10. I'm always blown away by how far out tbe ports etc can be from "matching". Simple blueprinting can make these little motors so much snappier and responsive.
  11. Seal imports? I always seem to find something that'll work, or can be made to work from those guys.
  12. Funny...we both posted above at same time. I'm of the opinion these are just slow motors, after doing a lot of geeking out online. Best way to go fast is do what everyone said to do at the start and find a Yamaha Jog motor. I didn't understand how scooters bolted together back then, now ivd had them apart a fee times, I can see it's not a big deal to do. Just keeping an eye out now for a crashed one.
  13. Nope. I'm not sure how this one works, but it has chain driven gears that somehow gives it 2 speeds? *Image stolen off the internet.
  14. Pic to sum up the last couple hours... #blackwheelsmatter Plus while apart, I cleaned out all the grease inside the brake drums with brake cleaner, then sanded everything to freshen it up. Brakes now work good. Success!!! Ending the day on a win...beer time now.
  15. Cool. I'll get back to you at some stage, may take a week as I'm about done with scooters this weekend. Thanks
  16. And just so the Yamaha doesn't feel left out. It handled the 12km trip with ease. However I think I could probably walk faster up some of the bigger hills? And then downhill it hits some kind of limiter at 55km/hr and just won't push through it. Feels electrical like a speed limiter on the coil? Not sure? But the honda does 70+++ downhill, its right off the speedo.
  17. You wouldn't happen to have a starter motor? Mine no longer works.
  18. Can't keep away from these things. Did an oil change on the transmission. Yip...yes it did... Cut and polished the 40 year old paint. Came up better than expected, but wont be winning best paint award at SEMA this year tho. Still, I'm happy with it.
  19. About a 12km return trip to road test it...oh and also buy coke, chocolate, chips and a pie. Well it's rude not too when this place sells it all.
  20. The Honda didn't have front brakes, or a working speedometer. So I ordered some cheap crap off trademe. The cheapest parts I could find, as none of the scooter places I tried could find me parts for a 1982 Honda Tact. Or nifty50, or spree...or be much help at all. I didn't cast a wide net...but soon got the impression I was on my own with this one. I modified the original cable end. Then joined it to the "new" cable. Two layers of heat shrink hold it inline for installation purposes. Once tension is on it, this will hold itself together. I machined this up to go on the end of the cable, to take the place if the soldered fitting that should be there. Like this. Then using a old bicycle brake cable clamp, tightened it all up. Not pictured is me double downing on this...I put two on for safety reasons. Totally unnecessary, but cheap insurance. Also if I ever sold it, I'd hate for this part to fail with a teenager girl riding it down a hill in Wellington or something like that, so I made sure its solid. Then onto the speedo. By now my frustration levels were beyond taking photos as you go, these are fiddly fuckers at the best of times...but you're going to have to take my word for it, everything now works as it should. The replacement cable I brought on a gamble worked, and after stripping and cleaning the shit out of the mechanics of it...it worked. So after 3 hours, everything that should go, does go. Horn, headlight, brake lights on both handles, front and rear brakes work, indicators front and rear, oh and I even cleared the Mason bee hoop out of the fuel gauge dial and that works now too. Pretty stoked.
  21. Even a toilet in the boot, you've thought of everything!