Josh's 1978 Datsun Sunny

Mr.Mk1

I swapped this for my old Pulsar the other week. No WOF or Rego, but I just need to put the swaybar link bushes in and change the front wheel studs.

Heres some shit as pictures, i was in a rush!

081109001-4.jpg

081109003-2-1.jpg

081109006-3.jpg

081109005-2.jpg

081109004-3.jpg

081109002-3.jpg

Took it out yesterday, on some oil. Tore the shit out of it and gained both wheels.

Thanks to Blair in Timaru, I now have spare carpets, interior trims, seatbelts, visors, etc, yada yada.

Put some bits in yesterday, and hid the wiring and it looks much better already!

Also got wheel studs so WOF time is nigh

F**King studs!!

Took ages to get the damn things off and re-studded.

Whos idea is it to place a cast steering part infront of the bottom caliper bolt? Thats a poor idea at best my friend.

Anyway, its re-ready for WOF, but i need to paint a bit in the roof where i poked the bubbles and holes resulted.

Also, bought an A15 engine. Awaiting pickup and/or delivery.

I just want to slamm it outward and ditch those 12's!

Failed WOF on:

Corrosion on rad support and inner wheel arch (easy)

Seatbelt stalks (had spares,done)

Pulls to right under braking (unsure)

Parklight bulb and brake bulb (done)

Something else perhaps.

Overall buggerall

Also put my JVC MP3 headunit and some Pioneer 6x9s in, along with the Pioneer 6's that were in the doors already, although they are probably routed, they distort a bunch.

• 2 weeks later...

Corrosion was more prevelent than expected, so 3 patches ensued.

Pulled the caliper apart and it was stuck real good like,

so cleaned it as best i could, chipped as much of the rusted scale off and re-assembled.. When Bled, ill se if that helps.

I hope to christ it does because I havent had a driver in about 2 months and its poos.

9227598089_0_2.jpg

What a good weekend for progress.

My brother made up a bush for the shifter and adjusted the clutch while I painted a ute deck for him..great trade!

I also set the front coils to just-captive jacked up, its lower but not slammed..I dont think i can achieve this look on TWELVES!

Big thanks to Aaron for collecting my A15, a real load off to know its safe and the money swapped! Now upto me to collect the lump.

Now toying with the idea of a tasteful stripe down the flanks, like a B110 GX stripe, or some pinstripes on appropriate swages..just to break up that bloody beige

Layed a nice set of whitewalls on it last nite, looks cool now!

Also got Ky to photoshop a picture and yes, GX stripes are nice on it too!

And a set of leads and plugs are due tomorrow.i feel bad about how cheap i get this shit :twisted:

New Plugs and leads, Never gone so well in all the time ive had it. Took the air cleaner off for max DORT

Even got pulled over last nite for speeding and drifting. Let off with my ABSOLUE LAST warning. I pood. Cop loved the Whitewalls hahaha.

Also found a weigh-bridge, and with no humans in it, 3 spare tyres and stereo gear, 850kg.

Got pulled over AGAIN! This thing is cursed

I had been drinking all day and decided it was safe to drive the 200m home from work function.

Always go with the Gut instinct, people!

I got away with it so thats ideal :rolleyes:

Anyway, yesterday was drift trike day so i only did minor things while i was waiting for my mate to finish his trike.

Basically decided that the indicators were akward, and orange should be with orange so as to give the appearance of a wider car/ looks better.

Driver side switched, co-pilots is standard issue

9252152585_0_1.jpg

Both switched

9252153225_0_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I have my twin Mikunis, they are hot. I ended up getting the planed and blasted round-port manifold in the deal too.

My A15 i went to chch to collect was an A12, so ive got a cheap spare going, anyone?

Also got a free A15 last nite,i just have to cut out of the van. Unknown history, but ill probably love it up a bit.

Kinda failed hard there, known of that van for months..should have just have got it and started with that!

Cheers to Bart for the Cam and lifters..and a thorough schooling on all things A

My driver at the time forgot about having to go visit Blair, so we inadvertantly went inland scenic route, and my interior, (possibly Watanabes, unsure about lacking dish) and mirrors remain there for another day.

Yeah,

Gay update aye.

• 3 weeks later...

I couldnt get them on the front, ran out of lunchtime grinding flush those stupid steel wings on the caliper.

But...

A shit picture that does them no justice..

9304358793_0_2.jpg

yeah 14x6 Watanabes, 185/55 Yokohama S-drives

New oil, new Moreys, new filters...let see if we can make it to Omarama!

..incase we dont make it back, heres a couple shots, and the old seat setup, which is now a lovely choc brown velour.

Also cut down my aerial, as it looked dorky now its got sweet wheels.

9309026953_0_1.jpg

9309026441_0_1.jpg

9307550345_0_1.jpg

9307550089_0_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse the shit picture quality, but its more reliable than my shit camera!

9324910601_0_1.jpg

Got the Mirrors on yesterday, not wired up...one thing at a time eh!

Also, Engine bottom end is assembled, just awaiting Head to return from pimping.

The mystery washer was for the cam. I noticed the snout of the waterpump is larger than the original one, but ill just ream out the holes and roll it regardless..

I also went to instal my front shocks, and found mine are oil filled, as opposed to the Gas inserts i was sent, gas cartridge wont physically fit inside the strut tube, so plan B = ?

Im to take all the numbers off the side of the strut and report back, but beware whe your ordering yours! Pissed me off.