Jeff's new project (early 80s toyota)

With the rear panel being modified to take late model mark II tail lights I doubt the matching garnish that houses number plate and number plate lights would fit so I'm going to take the opportunity to attempt something similar to this

Screenshot_20220503-204334_Instagram.jpg.387db7f5f8a400bf1abcd937dd777f91.jpg

Inspired by Instagram user alkku_

Mine will be a bit harder due to inner inward edges on x6 tail lights having a beveled edge not 90° with the top bottom. Hoping to use two spare lights and slice them in the middle and get the bevel right on outer then glue them up 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Have been a bit slack on this as of late, will blame the weather. Had a few weeks off from my day job and thought I would make a start on installing the new cambelt and water pump tensioner etc I had purchased. 

Couldn't find the washer to space the tensioner out so ordered new with a few new engine plastics also. I think I have it all to put the front of the engine back together including cam seals and front main seal 20220627_170915.thumb.jpg.46cb7dd42689bbad778fdacf465deb6b.jpg

These are a bit nicer than the cracked and scraped ones the car came with and cheaper than you think. 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Having a look at the rear end when test fitting some wheels yesterday. 20220902_115316.thumb.jpg.0176e223affb71d96912f32ba83a74f5.jpg

Being a nz model it has the solid rear end 7.1" E series diff. I've broken a few of these behind a pre vvti 2jzge so will likely upgrade to F series maybe even G series 

There's a set of ae86 xyz rear coilovers which look to have a 10.5kg spring which seems way too stiff. It's also sitting on those bump stops currently so they will need to be deleted 

• Like 4

This is the current state of the exterior. I need to track down a front windscreen and fit the rear one. Also needing the blue cressida/Chaser bonnet badge if anyone has something and would like to find late model bumpers 

20220902_113512.thumb.jpg.e5294c9d1ef5464d0845c36215256bf9.jpg

There's some fettling to do on the front lights to get them to sit properly and track down the proper Chaser corner lights. 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...