M M's Electric Guitar Repaint And Rebuild

M M

Firstly I'll begin by saying I don't actually really play guitar. I've always had a great love for music and wanted to learn an instrument, and I did start playing guitar for a short while and also did piano for a brief period but never carried it on for some reason. One of the reasons may be that I never really had my own instrument to play. So recently I decided it was time I learn so I spoke to my friend who has been playing for years and he kindly donated this to me. I'm not sure on what the model is but I remember him saying it was a Yamaha and actually quite a decent one. Please excuse the rubbish photos.

24103903500_6c61234ef8_b.jpg

24031705259_466bd838f1_b.jpg

24291276462_e3741b7a94_b.jpg

When he told me it was in pieces and needed to be put back together, being as I am I was quite happy about that and knew exactly what I was going to do. So the plan is now to repaint the body of it. I already have the color scheme in mind but I will keep that a secret for now. Someone has already started sanding the finish as can be seen here:

24103904920_326198cd46_b.jpg

I'm planning today to finish the sanding and spray the primer on so should have an update this evening. Hopefully this is of interest to some of you.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Final spray done today. The clear didn't come out as good as I would have liked, I've got a feeling there's some solvent pop which will show when I wetsand, hopefully not. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. Wetsanding and cutting to come, hoping for it to look like glass in the end.

25047392321_588d2dc958_o.jpg

25114320236_4405e133e0_o.jpg

• Like 4