fuckedifiknow's 1967 HR Holden special Wagon

Fuckedifiknow

So i brought this 1967 HR special station wagon about a month ago now to use for the summers events and general crusing..

it runs a 186 and three on the tree the motor has had a "bit" of a overhaul by previous owner with all the work competed by marsh motorsport in auckland including new hi comp pistons a pretty reasonable cam Yella terra head msd ignition and all the other bits that go with a full rebuild..

they had for some reason also decided to run the factory single barrel stromberg and cast manifold (maybe for fuel economy????) 

the body work is pretty tidy for its age and had full repaint 4 or 5 years ago but as usual now has shopping centre battle scars 

interior wise was not too bad for its age with only the usual ripped seat covers and worn carpets  lucky i know a guy who is pretty good with that stuff

plan is to keep it looking as stock as a rock with a few extras such as sunvisor,venetian blinds and maybe a set of hotwires and widened standard rims hubcaps and dress rings.along with the usual tidy up work re cover seats new carpets paint up engine bay and detail motor etc etc etc

• Like 4

so after tracing an alternator fault in the HR not long after i got it and also on the way home from picking up a spare 202 to raid the standard rocker covers side plates and air cleaner from... we came across some not so shit hot wiring... infact the wiring loom had at one stage caught fire melted together and as a short term fix had been patched up using bits of a house hold extension cord!, so no time better to strip the car of all its wiring and start again thanks to a sparky mate its now got all new fuse boxes relays wiring and all done very neat and tidy, while it was getting that done the seats are off down to Gregs for a re trim and new carpets. also used this time to paint the engine bay detail the engine and add the few extras of a cain manifold, webber carb and set of extractors to help the poor thing breath... with just a few bits to go should be back driving by thursday for the hamilton oldschool meet , here are a few pics of the last few weeks work OKZjCD9.jpg9U4AVF2.jpgBl7cttT.jpgD3HGHrj.jpg9ltLhY6.jpgO3I1ZTC.jpghDDMbBI.jpgrpUoHyW.jpg

• Like 6