Marty's r30 skyline 30det project

Marty

Hey guys over the next 3 months il be converting my r30 l20e skyline into a rb30det monster with the goal of reaching 300kw on day one start up follow me though my progress coming fast it's starting to pick up the pase as the engine is at the builders right this second once it arrives I will update you on ever small peace and finally the challenge of having it the engine in and running over a weekend and dyno tuned that Monday heres a few photos of everything as its in the ealy stages but engine is complete il update you on everything including side projects such as building a front facing intake including messurements and pricing so anyone can atpemt to make them and il explain I. Great detail for anyone like me who wants try these things and save money.

post-19403-0-78202500-1426663873_thumb.jpg

post-19403-0-95571400-1426664002_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, engine is still not build was quoted 800 but with all the machine work looking at close to a grand, had a broke. Exhuast cam and couldn't be bothered replacing so Monday we are looking at some preformance cams, tbh I don't care of the gains I'm more after that sound you get when you know you have no chance of winning gainest it, Hurd a gtr with cam worth, heard it at idal ran aways.

Godzilla is going to destroy me

Anyone one interested in the engine price work here it is

Hi there Martin, here are the prices to repair your motor.

Clean,check,report on block 120. 00

Deglaze cylinders 60. 00

Resurface block, head and manifold 300. 00

Polish crankshaft 80. 00

Clean and assemble short engine 400. 00

Overhaul oil pump 90. 00

Dismantle,check and chemically clean cylinder head 80. 00

Reface valves 192. 00

Dress seats 240. 00

Lap in valves, assemble head 120. 00

Adjust valve heights 60. 00

Crack test crankshaft 45. 00

Weld head face 120. 00

Grind crankshaft for collar 180. 00

2 x inlet valves 42. 00

2 x exhaust valves 45. 00

All prices are + GST

Cheers, Graham

Sorry bout the spelling. my new phone, new up date cams are finally done I'm rapped on the job they have done 28% more flow than standard cams . Decided I'm going to a stage 2 porting closer to a stage 3 but not quite.

post-19403-0-93542000-1427866456_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...