Feathersword's 1982 Mazda 323 Wagon

feathersword

Not sure if this will end up being much of a project, but here goes!

A couple of months ago a couple of mates flew from Wellington to Auckland to pick up a new tow vehicle (Ford Courier), and on a whim stopped in Putaruru and picked up this wee gem. A few texts and photos sent, and I had pretty much all but bought it before it even got back to Wellington.

After a few bits of rust work it got a WOF, it sure ain't pretty but runs well, especially with new plugs and leads. Other than that have done rocker cover gasket to stop a leak, oil and filters and driven it tons. Being the original 1300 and 4 speed it's not exactly a speed demon but has plenty of character. Mum even drives it to school (she is a teacher) and loves it - but has given it the nickname "Pusbucket"

Plans are to chuck some low at it, probably new shocks, couple coils out the front and blocks in the rear - maybe some rims if I can find some for a decent price. Would like some hotwires if anyone has any going?

post-7241-0-68849800-1418196086_thumb.jpg

Apologies for the rubbish photo but only one I have - will get some better one's next sunny day once it's had a clean!

• Like 3