SigMafia's 1984 Sigma SE Sedan

sigmafia

2qjkopg.jpg

picked up this beast a few days ago now,below are the wheels iv opted for,wont mention the offset but the fronts are 17x9s and the rears are 17 by 10s drool on,will put pics up of them fitted tomorrow...will try mount rear window louvre also...OVERDUE FOR SOME LOW AND CAMBER PLATES

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/44813-sigmafias-1984-sigma-se-sedan-discussion/

erkakh.jpg

wchg9f.jpg

29zqus0.jpg

if1kdf.jpg

so got the louvre sitting there for the pics taken,rims on,wanting to focus on panel/paint respray same colour on top fix minimal rust present (non structural) and respray the lower two tone the same colour as the rims.this is a factory SE with plush interior extra chrome trim electric windows central locking digital dash extra interior lighting,loving it...unsure on the height in the rear maybe some low king springs don't want to buy them and it sit on the tyre,up front id say a low or superlow with toyshop camber plate?opinions?

5lwdae.jpg

2lo3dx0.jpg

op8y0j.jpg

5jxrox.jpg

2rvau.jpg

35it1s7.jpg

IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/1z6wivd.jpg[/img]

im3zn9.jpg

1z6wivd.jpg

may go custom on the rear guards.cut/fold lip flat/reweld/etc.

whats this I found in the shed?2mtr by 3 mtr sheet of panel steel,ideas?

will put centre caps on tomorrow & snap a quick pic.

HERES THE STANCE IM AIMING FOR..HOW THE OLD SCHOOL PETROL HEADS DID IT.HIGHER IN THE REAR MINIMAL INNER GUARD SHOWING,EVEN LOWER IN THE FRONT NO INNER GUARD SHOWING BUT NOT TUCKING.

nbsvbl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

On bumps for a quick pic,had the guards rolled a wee bit,pretty hard to do considering they are flat to begin with,not leaving the property like this for good reason.didnt realise it until it was too late but the outer guard is stitched to the inner guard right on the lip so the spot welds showed up,nothing major,needs a panel & paint anyway.no trouble from the law yetjrxssj.jpg

Had noticed a horrid noise coming from the engine bay from the minute i bought this notorious machine,got pretty bad after a trip to hastings-palmerston-wanganui-feilding so thought id look into it...viscous fan had the fan blade removed and all that was left was the fan clutch assembly on the front of the water pump (with electric fan installed on radiator) pretty sure this was unbalanced and destroyed the waterpump bearing,was functioning fine but extremly loud,anyway replaced water pump,made my own acl gasket (cheaper option) replaced rubber 0 ring and choped the viscous fan flange off to use as a spacer,took some pics,heater hose pipe had rusted and broke when removing old water pump,scummy rust I hate you long time...mocked up a manky 2" tail pipe for a laugh,let me know what you think,if anybody still thinks these days.

33bd3df.jpg

34pnes3.jpg

2wbxefo.jpg

ravp5h.jpg

npfne1.jpg

vry44w.jpg

2dkmqdd.jpg

Big cheers to Andre for the new heater hose pipe-front springs-bumpstops-use of spring compressors if your around feilding and need something go see him over @ Spackman's Services & Repairs. 101 Denbigh St Feilding  06 323 1007

he always has the deals on parts/mechanical work you dont want to do yourself.Also i see he has what i think must be a vk shaped wagon in his yard (not for sale in parts) new alloy radiator etc good solid looking project base.GC

Cheers to Mike Curry @ Wrought Iron and Engineering services ltd for the 5 meters of exhaust tubing a while back,vicious deal at 25 bucks delivered from palmy to the door.contact details for Mike is in pics.

thanks to vern i think it was from rimrite milson for making those 14x10 modgies for me a while back,unfortunatly they live down south now.good work none the less.Rimrite Alloys Ltd,470 Milson Line R D 8 Palmerston North.

time to clean up the yard now,il leave ya's with these pics.

2z7pds2.jpg

2ezlnag.jpg

35c0aqg.jpg

Excuse the phone pics...still not satisfied with the ride height but its legal so cant complain,i think il take it off the road in the new year and work through an airbag system,no stranger to air rides had after purchasing a bagged 190e so should be straight forward,always is (Tui Sign) ...

2552fs4.jpg

2cypn9w.jpg

2nlbckg.jpg

ifx2k8.jpg

200fb0n.jpg

20gk5fs.jpg

so3eox.jpg

Excuse the phone pics...still not satisfied with the ride height but its legal so cant complain,i think il take it off the road in the new year and work through an airbag system,no stranger to air rides had after purchasing a bagged 190e so should be straight forward,always is (Tui Sign) ...

2552fs4.jpg

2cypn9w.jpg

2nlbckg.jpg

ifx2k8.jpg

200fb0n.jpg

20gk5fs.jpg

so3eox.jpg. EDIT: lost ownership of my rims today,Father's Day claimed my holdens tranny,something had to be sacrificed,still kicking myself,Oh well custom rims next time as I was constantly paranoid my wheels were going to be pinched anyway

should be pretty dead here for a while,blew the gearbox on my other car,cant live without it so had to cash in my rims,back to day one,some would say iv gone backwards from purchase date due to now rolling pumped guards and what are essentially factory space savers,OVER IT for now

• 2 weeks later...

Removed some of the side trims over the weekend and dreamt of the whole panel and paint idea...took a drive after work today,stopped in at Rim Right in Milson and ended up leaving without my 12 slots so late next week should get interesting,i cant wait to see how the offset plays out.if anybody has any pics of 195-45-14s or near enough to that size tyre on 8 inch rims il be keen to see those.I was trawling trademe over the weekend which resulted in this here below,may pop a few tyres when i get my wheels back and strap them onto the roof rack hahaaa

im54jm.jpg

r8bj36.jpg

and yes those are 14x5.5 inch cheviots haha so Fugly //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/44813-sigmafias-1984-sigma-se-sedan-discussion/

• 2 weeks later...

Rim Right manawatu + mirror chromed centre's and 4x114 conversion = $500.i didnt take any pics of the 14x7's (front rims) on the car but still the fitment is perfect,offset on the 8s (rear rims) is near identicle to the 17x10's previously purchased so im still getting the flush fitment in the rear,im unsure on where il end up tyre wise so it can wait,possible 195 40 14 all round but yet an eager would be just as easy on the eye,definatly going lower at some stage so have to keep that in mind.

until next time

keep it oldschool...

a10sc3.jpg

347v8ud.jpg

287mayo.jpg

4smcxz.jpg

10iaq11.jpg

9sdj5g.jpg

2mqt4wl.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Acheived a clean sheet wof today and il attempt to fit a spare clutch plate in tomorrow.seeing as it got the wof im obligated to drive it twice as much now,i also found a set of lovells for the rear (local) so i just need some shorter shocks to mate those with.pics to come.

• 2 weeks later...

had these shocks delivered today from an old sigma i had,they should keep things captive and legal for daily usage,overdue for a clutch replacement (spongey)(starting to slip now) but I knew this when i bought the car,next months plan is to lighten the flywheel when it gets skimmed and replace clutch with a puk/HD item.new shocks are in + fresh service so it's ready for a weekend drive wherever the weather's going to be nice,pics of car ready for wof (which again passed) cheers.roof rack in above pics is up for grabs if anyones,s keen.

2wrd74x.jpg

wvxwle.jpg

2rp4o6u.jpg

• Like 1

removed gearbox & clutch today.EDIT 20-11-14...

had issues with the clutch,

will put up pictures very soon,

my garden run off is right were i parked the car so lay in it every minute of replacing clutch,

replaced clutch with a new one,

bought a spare heavy duty clutch (just incase)

sitting pretty low in rear yet still putting lower springs in the rear tomorrow

pink stickered for two bald tyres due to ruthless twin spinners anyone would be proud of (got pulled up 10 minutes later)

was given compliance on a pink sticker wtf? since when?anyway il go down tomorrow get that removed.

clutch work pic

s2fng4.jpg

old clutch pic (to come)

pinky pic

2r5yyyr.jpg

offending tyre pic

nmkppd.jpg

While my car was up on the Redneck wheel ramp's i pinched my old ladies late 2000 ford focus.Never been more proud of my four year old son,as we drove the focus into town for groceries,he said and I quote "this car's shit"  I was stunned to say the least,I replied "why?" He said "i like your car" what a G.C...

I really need to get my louvres on.That is this weeks goal as the filth factor has been running on E lately.

Be keen to buy a diff head to lock up if anybody has a cheap one.

accepting my addiction to burnt rubber and dealing with it 2 tyres at a time.

building it to please myself.

nobody else.

skidding daily.