Help a OS brother from another mother!

kseries.rookie

Writing this on behalf of a dear friend of mine - Could someone pleeeease help a brother out!

G'day all

Names Charlie and I have been pointed in your direction for some possible assistance. I've currently got my Toyota Crown (MS130(?)) sitting at an auto sparky trying to nut out what’s going on with my damn CEL.

The codes are 24 and 52 (Air Temp / Knock Sensor) and possible other various faults. Given the cars, somewhat rarity, parts aren’t as easy to come buy as I would have hoped. I've been quoted by Toyota for mid-$300 for new knock sensor but the shop also thinks it could be a greater fault with the ECU itself after some snooping.

During my hunt in an attempt to locate a 2nd hand ECU to either borrow for testing purposes or purchase has been fruitless as most leads have gone to a dead end. I was hoping if anyone here could help or point me in the right direction before I take the plunge and buy a knock sensor that may not even fix my fault.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and I can be contacted via email: Charles.Whittaker.NZ@gmail.com or via kseries.rookie 
Thanks again
Charlie

Thank you all, and looking forward to hearing from you!