Pee dubs 1958 Citroën ID19

I have to find out some more about this car but here's essentially what I currently know.

It's an ID19. Year unknown, but likely late 50's or early 60's.

Missing engine and numerous under bonnet bits, but I also got a donor front cut with most stuff there.

Car was dry stored for a long time - rust unknown.

Discussion here: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/43905-pee-dubs-citro%C3%ABn-id19/

Trademe ad. Bargain purchase price, but the resto is gonna be expensive I'm thinking...

IDPurchase.jpg

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

I moved for work in Dec so unfortunately I've had to give up this project before it even really got started, as I needed the garage space in particular. A total of four cars in the stable got flicked on and this one went to a Citroën restoration place. I stripped most of the panels off and luckily didn't find too much rust, but the guy wasn't confident of an easy restoration so this may yet end up as a parts car. The front cut engine, gearbox, (inboard) brakes, & 2× wheels have gone to Dolan for potential future spares for his ID.

On a more cheery note Blake spied a Peugeot 504 a few months back and after a quick test drive I bought it (keeping with the French theme). Some underbody rust work, recond brakes and she's legal and I at least have one properly old car on the road. Parts car for it is getting some tickling and gonna be put back on the road so I'll start a project thread for them both as soon as I have some reasonable pics.

• Like 3