Freshening rod-change mechanism on Mini G/box?

AGRORB

So basically there's a fair bit of lateral slop in the gear lever in my Clubman. Does anybody know how I eliminate this? Is it a case of replacing a nylon bush at the base of the lever as with most gearboxes or, because old, British and stubborn, is there some sort of fucked up sorcery requiring special tools and bath salts to remedy this?

My selector seals are leaking (REALLY?!) so I may as well replace, er, whatever needs replacing while I'm under the car/swearing and spilling beer. I'm definitely getting quick release rod couplings as apparently they save many headaches, will replacing the roll pins in the selector rods also tighten things up? Never had to do this before so if someone could tell me what I need before I spend money that'd be awesome.

It's definitely a rod change box, 4 synchro, 998 motor

I never did much about it, but the roll pin connection had a huge amount of slop in it on my old one. Its not really a precision fit. I'd imagine that's the main cause. Checking the condition of the nylon bush seems to be pretty straight forward, the boss that holds everything together has a bayonet style twist connection from memory.