Ox1 4g63T 1973 GTO

ox1

HI Guys thought I would finally share my project for just over the last year.

This all started when I was seventeen and had finally saved a little bit of money to go out and purchase my first car as luck would have it I stumbled across a 1974 Mitsubishi colt gto. Long story short a deal was done and I was the proud owner of my first car which I still own today some 14 years later. During ownership I had always toyed with the idea of engine transplants but as a young apprentice mechanic never seemed to have time or more importantly money. I am thankful now however that I didn't do a transplant on the original car as im sure many of you would call it a crime on such a straight original car.

post-11755-0-55973000-1400460572_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

HI Guys thought I would finally share my project for just over the last year.

This all started when I was seventeen and had finally saved a little bit of money to go out and purchase my first car as luck would have it I stumbled across a 1974 Mitsubishi colt gto. Long story short a deal was done and I was the proud owner of my first car which I still own today some 14 years later. During ownership I had always toyed with the idea of engine transplants but as a young apprentice mechanic never seemed to have time or more importantly money. I am thankful now however that I didn't do a transplant on the original car as im sure many of you would call it a crime on such a straight original car.

Around Christmas time last year I Stumbled upon a rough looking 1973 Gto on trademe and the temptation become to much a deal was stuck and I bought the car site unseen. I had the car transported to my address and begun work.

I got the original engine running with some minor electrical work drove the car into my shed and started the tear down for the project to begin.

I wish I had taken more pictures of the car during the process but I will catch you up on the work to date

I have fitted a 4g63t engine from an rvr

the engine has t3/t4 turbo

560cc injectors from an evo 8

custom top mount exhaust manifold

tial 38mm wastegate

tial bov

custom intake plenum

linkplus g1 v14 computer

2 1/2 inch down pipe and 3 inch exhaust

custom steel fuel lines

carter gold fuel lift pump to surge tank then walbro external fuel pump

the car also has s13 d2 adjustable coilovers and Nissan four pot disc brakes in the front

so far the work has all been completed by me in my shed at home its has been a long process but it does feel pretty good saying that I have built this by myself I hope you guys like what I have done so far and look forward to the comments cheers

post-11755-0-21687500-1400463306_thumb.jpg

post-11755-0-92622400-1400463311_thumb.jpg

• Like 1