Brdflu's Datsun Sunny Wagon

Brdflu

So for those who dont know me im Scott. I've had my Sunny for about 3 years now, got it completely standard since then ive done the following

A15 - lightened flywheel, electronic dizzy, electronic fuel pump, extractors and 2 inch exhaust

Rebuild 5 speed dogleg gear box with exedy heavy duty clutch

Front suspension - Cut king springs with shortened shocks, front strut brace, larger ajustable sway bar, ajustable caster arms, steering box brace,

Rear suspension - 2 inch blocks and reset leaves with Suzuki Escudo rear shocks, and nolathane bushes all round.

Other changes have been Honeycomb Grille with Japanese grile badge, Factory rev counter with dash cluster, Factory sunny electric guard mirrors still to be wired up, Nardi steering wheel, full orange bumper indicators

There will be more I have forgotten any way here is one of the only recent pictures i have, Will get better ones up soon

k13t290_zpsf6f14d8a.jpg

• Like 8

• 3 months later...

So awhile back I did a few laps of Ruapuna in this.

10371905_10200997480178155_2539204825530

All the suspension work paid of as some how I was able to get up with a GTIR pulsar around corners

Made me realise I need better brakes and more power! I always had some side drafts sitting round but never had a good manifold so with the advice and help from Don (mint16) we ordered one from Japan.

manifold2_zps398ad4b9.jpg

It also just so happened he had a rebuild bottom end for a A15 sitting round that he had never got around to useing so i brought that of him. I managed to get a mint A15 head from pick-a-part which after some testing as showen to be perfect so will get work done to that. After a long time of annoying a local wreckers i managed to get them to sell me some 280ZX struts so those should take care of any braking issues after i rekit them and finally finish this engine.

• Like 8

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally got around to fitting the rocker cover, really looks out of place with out sidedrafts on the car but that will happen soon once i get some new extractors made to suit.

Current cheap coby extractors have the 4th flange welded on a angle so it enjoys to blow manifold gaskets every few months.

20150223_181738_zpsf1f865e4.jpg

Also finally fitted a decent steering wheel after the last one decided to destroy its self

20150223_181701_zpsb5b235a4.jpg

Have got some cusco camber plates to go in at some stage which will most likely happen when i sort the 280ZX struts. 

• Like 6