austin owner's1975 austin 1300

Greenie

right so long time no update. 

have taken the old girl off the road for now and have brought a new daily...(Peugeot 206gti)

after failing the last wof i was still driving it but a couple a weeks ago the ignition has stopped working.. for some reason when the key is turned there is nothing happening at the starter motor,. can still roll start and still drives mint but i cant be bothered parking on hills everywhere  go..
so i took her off the road and decided to sort everything out and get wof in one hit,... and then most likely sell it to fund a new project that hopefully wont be such a lemon. 

so enjoy this photo as its the last one i got of it on the road... for now.

ioh04r2b.n1k.jpg

• 1 month later...

so i havnt been on in a very long time, but thats pretty much only because i havnt done anything on the car until now, 

i finially figured out what was wrong with the ignition and found out how to fix it, so thats happening and should be done by tomorrow and then its just a matter of seeing if the old girl will run again,. 
i have also planned on making my exhaust a bit more appealing, ive decided to length it and have it bend up the the back of the bumper but mot got passed it, and also have it a little larger at the end like a funnel just because hahaha. so thats tomorrows plan, ill ad pics when its all done :)

(discussion) 

tried to get her going today. the ignition is working again so was ticking over which was good but it still didn't start so i wasn't happy, and i'm stumped to as why. 
got the exhaust tip made  up painted and on, looks good i think, just a simple tip the takes it out to the end of the bumper with a nice angel up too. 
i also made a trip to the hobby shop and got some paint, i took the boot lid badge off and have re painted it to the original colours so that should look good when its dry

will add photos after work tomorrow after work 

discussion

rightyo, been slack on updates but oh well, 
so she is still not running but im holding out to turn it over until the "neat it" is fully dry so i probably not do anymore work on her until the weekend,
i got some little things done the other after night after work. 

> got my pick-a-part cup holder painted (black and gold splatter) and installed.
> made my number 13 pool ball gear knob and screwed it on tight 
> finished my exhaust tip and put it on, looks good, just have to wait until i can hear it again. :D

> also re installed my stereo after pulling out the head unit to get to the other wiring. 

> removed and repainted the boot badge to the original colours. well not really but black red and silver so closer to original than mate green haha. 

photos follow. 

eh24tcvg.hx0.jpg

t5penho0.krh.jpg

ea010vyz.vet.jpg

1gvr4vpp.a2m.jpg

r53oofp3.hpq.jpg

lps3zjvn.vt1.jpg

(discussion) 

rightyo, so she still isnt running, but today i was motivated enough to push the green bean out and give it a wash (even though it was close to raining) 
stuck my boot lid badge back on, looks mint haha, and thats all that happened today, haha so not a big update by any means. 

cbkubs4z.cjc.jpg

swcjnrkv.3qu.jpg

also took my mates 85 bluebird wagon out for a boost and a wash, then worked on the sounds for it :P 
this is a lil edit i didnt of it 

lprj2mc2.ebq.jpg

well well well, the green bean is still dormant... thing of hot wiring a switch into it instead of the ignition coz the knead it is just not a perminient fix, and i havnt been able to source a new plug.. so tempted to put a hidden push button in. 

BUT IN OTHER NEWS!!! I BROUGHT ANOTHER PROJECT!!     (oops...)
it is a 85 hilux, 2wd,   for  $1000

will link to new build thread for it once one is created :P    

pictureless update today, dad managed to find me a new ignition from a swap meet/car meet today while i was at work.  got home tonight and put i in and worked a beaut!  still need to get the engine going but at least the ignition works now. i began soldering the wires on and i quickly realized that i couldnt solder to save my life. so its still sitting there half done, and to be finished tomorrow and also hopefully start the bloody thing!!! cheers guys...   (discussion)

small update today, , managed to get my new ignition wired and mounted up, looks like it was made for it... apart from the fact that the old one is still there too. 
had to disconnect the steering lock of the old ignition so i didnt have to uses too keys all the time, should be all good by the weekend, (fingers crossed anyway). 

"TADA"!!!

quosd04t.cjl.jpg  

• 1 month later...

fuck im slack, 
so i have literally kind of forgotten about this lil bean since i got the uterus legal, 
i have how ever gotten the indicator/headlight/horn  stick stem thingy that i need to replace so my high beam will work again,  which means one step closer to wof!  
but in saying that i am pretty set on selling it so i can have money for the ute, plus dads getting worried that ill have more cars than him soon and we are running out of space in the drive way.  so if you or anyone ou know would wont and un wofed but reged 1300 just hit me up with an offer :)

(discussion)  

• 1 month later...

im am very sad to announce that the green bean is due to be sold :(   one of my mates a been bugging me for months to buy it off me so i finally gave in and told him if he get the money together its his,  so itll most likely be off my driveway by next saturday :'(

BUT its not like i wont ever see it or drive it again, after all if he doesnt let me drive it then he aint no friend ;)

(discussion) 

• 9 months later...

Things have happened! In a strange turn of events I have ended up with the Austin back in my possession and seen as I've been on holiday for the last week and abit I've decided to put some.work into it.

So for I have no photos but the engine needs attention and need to get things sorted for wof and excitingly there is a new colour scheme!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Things are changing again! No pics today but all the same, after going for a wof the other week I ended up with quite a list of things to fix. Thankfully now it's down to only a couple, it's just the tail lights and number plate lights that arnt working and I still need to make the breaks better, but other than that it's all ready.

I'll also be changing the color again before nats as like everyone told me Im not as fond of the brown and cream as I first was, but this time I'm going to spend a little more time on it so it looks legit :) stay tuned!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Alright a lot has happened in the last couple days, Ive only really started working on this again and made some fast progress. It's now changed colour for the third and final time, and I have to say I like primer a lot more than brown...

I've fixed the breaks, got the engine running well again, cut out the rust, bashed and bogged the dints, so the only things left for wof are the tail lights and the exhaust leak in at the manifold.

Hopefully I'll get the last two things done on Friday and take it for a wof :D

post-18014-0-29099400-1460244319_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So the lights turned put to be an easier fix than I thought it would be, I took it to my girlfriends dad and he found that there was another inline fuse under the dash that had blown, and once we put a new one in it was all sorted.

Now I'm just waiting for my mate to finish welding my headers up and the then I'll chuck those on and it should be all ready,

I'm looking forward to driving it properly again, it's been really sluggish with the crack in the manifold, it should sounds and run a lot better once the headers are on. :)//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/42643-austin-owners-1975-austin-1300-discussion/page-2

So the lights turned put to be an easier fix than I thought it would be, I took it to my girlfriends dad and he found that there was another inline fuse under the dash that had blown, and once we put a new one in it was all sorted.

Now I'm just waiting for my mate to finish welding my headers up and the then I'll chuck those on and it should be all ready,

I'm looking forward to driving it properly again, it's been really sluggish with the crack in the manifold, it should sounds and run a lot better once the headers are on. :)//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/42643-austin-owners-1975-austin-1300-discussion/page-2