abs fault , need some help

ta63-1uzze

hey guys. i am having an issue with my partners car. 

its a Toyota Carib, 97 ae111. 4age 20v. 

i have got code 4 9 from the flash codes . the information i have doesn't have this code in it. so goggled it and found it refers to brake light circuit. so did the normal test the switch at the pedal and that seams to be fine, i replaced it anyway just to be on the safe side. brake lights always worked and still do .  

now i have been trying to clear the code but i cant seam to do it. have bridged out the TC and E1 with a bit of wire (have removed the jumper pin as per manufactures instruction) , then turn key to on and pump pedal as much as possible . this is meant to reset the memory. . . . BUT no luck ?!?

i feel like since all the test information i have has been extracted from Google from unrelated sources that i may just be chasing my tail a bit.and there could perhaps be a much more simple fault some were else in the car. 

anyone had anything similar or know something i don't. any help would be very appreciated. need to get it sorted as i want her to be safe and have the abs system working,