2gt1yck.jpg

Off to be refurbed next week 

2zr400w.jpg

Slicks are fun ... 

Now to get use to their limits.

287p0e9.jpg

enjoy

Some additions.

I was very suprised how light these all were.

Front strut brace, rear strut brace and under body chassie brace.

2drfdhx.jpg

Front strut brace installed. It cleared the s50 perfectly and more importantly the brake fluid well.

t0otv4.jpg

2dv9auf.jpg

The rear brace was a little bit more difficult to install because of my ground control rear top mounts and tower re-inforcement plates. I had to remove both wheels and drop the top bolts out.

2n6w4fo.jpg

2qk6pz8.jpg

258y0z6.jpg

and installed

jztv84.jpg

Ill install the under body brace tomorrow and upload the result.

Time for some new goods.

Brake bias valve to dial out some rear brake pinching under hard braking when the tanks half full.

o94go4.jpg

iz6j2c.jpg

2ilmxx.jpg

35kvex2.jpg

annnnd finally got this done .... makes a crap load of difference .. like driving the car at winter time. Floor it in the first 3 gears = wheel spin

Stoked.

nfio8n.jpg

2qlbp8m.jpg

5ot7uw.jpg

Myself vs an e60 m5 ... great battle that I really enjoyed going toe to toe. I backed off a couple of times in the sweeper as I didnt want to plow into it! as he was pushing it pretty hard.

FUN!

enjoy.

Road interior nearly complete.

Nappa 

2nstn52.png

21doc5i.png

Have some other goodies but its pissing down outside and I cant really photo it in the garage .. Maybe tomorrow night.

The stock BMW cooler was pissing me off so I replaced it with a big ass Earls oil cooler / lines (under number plate)...which  extends up to the top of the bumper  with the blue lines through the grill. Its all isolated and rubber mounted as not to twist the cooler frame

You can kinda see the brake cooling ducts. 

All set for summer of time attack  

Earls-coolers-sm.JPG

710nmg.jpg

So been a bit busy ordering some new stuff.

New Oil housing with the elusive pressed in Oil Thermostat, yes you have to buy the whole housing just for this one bit. My old one is poked shut.

54ahwk.jpg

And while im at it I installed a new Ratiometeric 0-100psi, 0-5 volt industrial grade pressure sensor (Thanks to conrad for help locating one)

This will eventually connect to my new GPS datalogger project  (watch this space)

15ghw1.jpg

Just sitting it in the housing, will seal with alloy washer once locked in.

2cn61g.jpg

Nothing too special .. but got a second set of race wheels and a supply of slicks.

Wheels: BBS RX 17x8 et38

34oc45g.jpg

Test fit on car

vpj7lw.jpg

Caliper Clearance for BBK

122og77.jpg

.. slick supply .. went halves with james

j7q2ox.jpg

Been working on the brakes recently to hunt out a few issue with over heating

Changed out the pads to something a bit more race orientated and less best of both worlds

Followed Ollies Gee's path and went with the V8 Super Car / NZv8 route. Performance Friction Pads

2zxpfva.jpg

Type 81 Medium Compound

jpfq4n.jpg

Bevelled edges for  noise reduction, my neighbours will probabaly love me now instead of the screaming from the other pads which normally happens on warmup

f3w1s7.jpg

Also thanks to Ollie McDermott working on some prototypes, these are back from the laser cutters and currently being welded up. All alloy light weight.

2zioqc3.jpg

6qv685.jpg

287kftd.jpg

More updates:

-- this is actually leading to something 

168zf5g.jpg

small update ... kind of pointless and expensive to do, but i'm a details guy :/

Before

6t22z5.jpg

After: Genuine recover

2a7ahvp.jpg

Roof rust be gone

It was pretty bad if some of you remember ... decided it was more than time to get something done about it.

b5qmgw.jpg

21jox13.jpg

11uchvn.jpg

1zl69vb.jpg

hu0n0j.jpg

1042j4m.jpg

cnk0l.jpg

Rocking the RXs for the time being while I put it back together 

20hq2px.jpg

Wet weather weekend stuff rules  

So starting to put the final touches on the car of all those little bits that have annouyed me. Will have some more interesting updates come soon but for now you have this 

I decided to splash out on some new OEM replacement pre-fl tail lights. Will just thank Jon the Pom for pointing me in the right direction for these.

unboxing

wbtg8x.jpg

30mu4cl.jpg

Old tail lights doing what all e30 tail lights do best and cracking. Still not bad for 26 years old. The right side had spider webbed pretty bad

33axsvk.jpg

sxyvma.jpg

And the left side had the usual inner piece fall off. Its so strange that this combo always happens to every car?

29ek9w0.jpg

Removed the old lights and cleaned up the area the new sealing gaskets would sit.

ws1z0x.jpg

After messing around with the wiring and plugs which had started to loose their bite on the terminals .. here they are installed!

jzfwg2.jpg

11snmed.jpg

14xi793.jpg

A rather cool oppertunaty came up to purchase a brand new e30 m3 260kph speedo.  I almost passed this up but a couple of things made sense. My speedo's odometer had just crapped out and stopped reading K's and new units dont come a long for this price very often.

Big thanks to Dylan for this as dylan was replacing a needle in his car and didnt need the whole unit. (long story)

Anyways, photos.

Unboxing

new260kphm3odometerboxm.jpg

Inside the box

new260kphm3odometerinsi.jpg

Pulling apart the cluster and removing the old Odometer

new260kphm3odometerdism.jpg

Installed the new e30 m3 260kph odometer  

new260kphm3odometerinse.jpg

new260kphm3odometerinst.jpg

Seriously .. I hate reinstalling this dam bitch nut!

new260kphm3odometerbitc.jpg

and all installed ready to click over to 000000  Everything works perfectly, including my rev gauge was giving issues as it was down 500rpm, this was because of the needle was out on the spindle.

new260kphm3odometerfini.jpg

Some shots of the data logger / display system how running in the car ... including gear position (among a ton of other things.)

Prototype #2 is now ready and as far as the programming almost all features are functional.

Still have to program and sort out the hardware for the shift lights ... will probably also use a photo sensor to dynamically adjust brightness .. as the super bright clear LEDs are f**kin bright .. work great in sun light though smile.png

14o6i38.jpg

vey6q1.jpg

2ivg1ar.jpg

And here is some of the output from my dyno pulls a few weeks back

2v1xc0p.jpg