Michaels 1985 Sigma wagon

michael

Discuss here ://oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/40931-michaels-1985-sigma-wagon/

So I have been on here for a while now, reading through all your guys build threads etc and I figured its about time I started my own.

So here I have a 1985 Mitsubishi sigma

0c4c52f3.2lx.jpg

I got it about 2 months ago, and it was running like a sick dog when I got it. But have since replaced the spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor, new air filter (didn't have one to begin with), and pulled the carburetor apart and cleaned it as one of the jets was blocked. While doing that I found that the automatic choke is rooted so have just tied it open until I can find another carb. Also gave the engine bay a bit of a tidy up. Now shes running like a dream, just needs to be warmed up for a couple minutes in the morning due to choke being held open

4k0cq2wn.ro0.jpg

Only other thing I need to replace in the engine is this heater hose that goes to the waterpump (in pic below) as current one is rusted and leaks a bit of coolant. The hose comes around from the back of the engine. Let me know if any of you have a spare one yo

jo15qa0z.zax.jpg

Only other things I have really done to it so far is install a dash cluster with a rev gauge and a digital clock which 'Damien!' off here picked up for me whileago when he was getting some parts

Old one..

lim45ljm.0ys.jpg

New one and clock..

2aldiqmf.wqc.jpg
wneonwjc.ry4.jpg

So the plans are to slam it on white 15 inch steelies (already have) with low profile tires, run some hub adaptors to pump them out to the guards abit. Fender mirrors (already have), roof racks and a woodgrain nardi. Wof expires soon so will get a new wof sometime next month before I start doing anything, just to make life easier. Then get her already for summer cruising!

• 1 month later...

Small update

haven't done too much to it yet, so far I have put on some roof racks and fender mirrors. Havent taken it for a warrant yet. Will be happening in the next couple of weeks, then time for low!

11h25qfc.qbd.jpg

rsgfju02.u3n.jpg

So far I have only really considered compressed springs and shortened shocks to lower it. If you have any other ideas (suspension out of other cars etc)  feel free to let me know :D

• 2 weeks later...

So I told myself I was going to stop spending until after new years. But the other night I decided to bid on these at last minute..

ddbrxxpq.h5g.jpg

They are 14x6.5s, may look at getting wider lips in the future but im just going to use them as they are for now.

Id quite like to polish the centres and lips. I have never done this before so was just wondering what the best way to go about would be? what to use etc. Also they only have 2 centre caps so if anyone has any id be keen to buy some :Dhttp://oldschool.co....85-sigma-wagon/