Be4vers Datsun 310 Wagon

be4ver

so it happened again... along the junk yard i was wondering and across this i stumbled...

fmew.jpg

looks like its had a hard life so far with its matt black hiding god knows what and the rear end damage BUT i thought i had better rescue it, prolong its life, and keep it having a hard time for a little longer yet. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for these old wagons and ke36s and the like so i kinda had to get it despite my ever growing fleet of old money pits haha 

After some discussions with the owner i managed to make it mine for a fair price. Turns out he got it in to use the engine as a spare for his mini stock or something so ive ended up getting it minus the A12. Luckily that suits me just fine as i have had a pretty decent A15 sitting in my driveway for a month or so waiting for something just like this! :D

Monday it got forklifted down to my work due to the wheels on it not being able to even turn as a result of the extreeme wrong offset of the wheels fitted to it haha

58lx.jpg

Tuesday i removed the a12 and in went the a15. Changing these engines is around one million times easier to remove/replace compared to the 1gge in my gx61!

And had a good lol at the home made air filter - chicken wire, a rag and the end of a spray can haha

jwyq.jpg

This is the damage at the back. Hopefully be fairly easy to fix up. Also looks like i've already sussed out the spare parts I'm gunna need too - sweet!

mmsa.jpg

Then because i couldn't move the car at all due to the wheels this motivated me to get some tyres for my equips I've had sitting around for a while. I've gotta say i think they look pretty sweet on there. 

I'm really not a fan of the flares but they can stay on for now cos they are hiding some pretty horrendous guard rolling/flaring/rust holes on the back guards. Wheel fitment is near perfect without the flares on there too :D

5q92.jpg

g14o.jpg

p9fv.jpg

Kinda digging the rat look at the moment too, which is good cos i don't really want to spend much money on this at this point in time and ratty = not very spendy 

• Like 4

so works been pretty quiet which is cool, means i can fuck around with my car a whole lot

i could see through the paint that there was a fair bit of bog along the roof on one side so i set about checking out that situation.

i was quite pleasantly surprised to find this ...

saom.jpg

because the hole at the bottom here was filled in completely with bog haha
1nna.jpg

macgivered this air filter up haha. works surprisingly well actually and quiet too

8n57.jpg

and a gc from nzdatsun sorted me out a straight hatch and rear bumper. Even dropped it off to me at my work, awesome.
After fitting the other hatch and bumper though its now pretty obvious how much of a smack its had in the back. Its going  to need some heavy duty pulling power to get it straight enough to latch the door again.

u7of.jpg

Found the old owners phone number on an old wof sheet in the car and discovered that the shitty matt black paint is actually a pretty decent duropox primer which is sweet.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I hate to say this but i kinda need to get rid of this car soon. Not going to be able to store it at work for much longer. Also i'm getting another old car from one of my partners relatives who recently passed away. So if anyone is interested in it please pm me and see if we can sort something out  :)

• Like 1