ms65 crown power window conversion

ruff kunt automotive

has anyone done this? the wagon has wind ups which play up all the time and power windows would be boss

i have a complete set of doors that have power windows, i haven't checked if the guts of the doors is interchangeable

what sort of power will i have to run to each door/ or are the plugs in the doors already the wagon has factory central locking

all help / advice would be awesome cheers josh!

Electric windows in Toyota's use a 2 wire setup for the motivators(winders). + & - are hooked up one way to go up and the other way round for down & each switch will have a total of 6 wires running to it (shit loads more in the drivers door if the master switch is there).

This means that the whole loom & switch set are required to make it work & I doubt it will be included in the basic loom.

If you can do without the master switch set (in the console or the drivers door depending on model, if it has one at all in a car so old) and all the wiring is still in the doors you will get them going by running a + & - wire into each door and hooking them up in the right place on the switch.

Without a wiring diagram or viewing what's there I can't be much more help.

P.S. if your windows are a pain now and the winders are in good order replacing them with electric ones will only make it worse, my suggestion is check and replace if called for the felts/rubbers in the Baily channels (the guide slots the windows run in) and check their alignment and adjustment before you do anything (The lower part of the Baily channels in Toyota's are known for rusting out at the point where the lower and upper sections slot together in the door).

If you can PM me for my e-mail and sort a copy of the electric window wiring diagram I will be able to tell what color the wires should be in each door for the hook up.

• Like 1