Dadams VB110

Guest dadams

Guest dadams

Have started a bit of a build thread over on NZ Datsun.com so thought I'd just do the old copy and paste it all up other here too for some old fashion lol's..

Hit it!

Talk has been talked, hands have been shook and deals have been struck and now I am the proud new owner of possibly the worlds most rusty 2 door 1200 wag.. Argh!

Still fairly stoked however..

Cons.. Rust pretty much everywhere

Most likely doesnt run

Dead plates

Most of the interior is M.I.A

Pros... Its a motherflipn 2 door 1200 wag!

Yet to pick up but price is agreed upon so shits all good. Oddly enough I sold this dude my last 1200 wagon about 4 years ago, so hes being a good cunt and hooking me up with some extra goods... Ute diff (H165?), coupe dash, some spare doors, and other odd bits and bobs that I will find out on the day...

Plan is for full rebuild, I want some kind of garage project for the next few years while I do my building apprenticeship so I'm giving myself 2 years for pannel and paint... Although that may sound ages as, I have never weilded nor done pannel work before so its guna be one hell of a mish!

As far as everything after that goes I'm unsure, take it as it comes.. But am thinking along the lines of 14x7's, low as fuck, 4age with big cams and I.T.B's and a link. We will see though...

Anyhow, most of you would have seen it on trademe, but these are the only pics Ive got till I pick it up

239197927_full.jpg

239197978_full.jpg

Boom!

Guest dadams

Been along few weeks but finally picked the wag up today!

Was like 400mph winds on the rimutaka hill so towing was well beyond sketchy to say the least, nonbraked trailer and non vented discs up front on the Holden made for some hairy moments, but got home in one peice with only mildly stained undies so its all wins!

p1010589un.jpg

p1010590m.jpg

p1010591g.jpg

p1010592b.jpg

Guest dadams

Some rust

p1010593r.jpg

p1010594t.jpg

p1010596x.jpg

p1010597n.jpg

Some in her bum

p1010599z.jpg

p1010600k.jpg

Drivers side

p1010601z.jpg

p1010603m.jpg

p1010604hd.jpg

p1010605os.jpg

p1010606w.jpg

And up front

p1010608ba.jpg

p1010609n.jpg

Yay rust!! deadhorse.gif

So its not as bad in some part as I thought when I went for a look, although I'm yet to have a good dig about. Basicly both sills need replacing, drivers floor and part of drivers 'a' pillar. Should be able to get away with patching most of the rest, but we shall she how it pans out when I start getting into it!

Guest dadams

So grand total came to $1000 cash money, which included a couple of extra goodies..

Ute diff

p1010616b.jpg

Fairly tidy coupe dash (has a small notch in it)

p1010615y.jpg

Two sand blasted front guards, both pretty mint!

p1010614m.jpg

All up I'm pretty happy, guna be a fuck load of pannel work to hit but will be all worth it in the end!

Got these bad boys too, off my old AE86 which I plan to run, 14x6.5 ssr's..

p1010621c.jpg

Anyhow, that is all for now, work will commence early next year, have to dig out under my house and extend my garage before I can fit the fucker in and be able to work on it/get around it, so next few week ends are going to be taken up with that shit... Although thats slightly off topic there will be pics to come!!

Guest dadams

So, after the last few months of getting nothing datsun related done I decided to pull the wagon in out of the weather and make a start.

Since rust is the name of the game at present and I'm limited on space untill I finish project 'garage upgrade' (dig out under part of my house) I've just started with the best point of access, drivers side. And seeings as the front guard was falling off I thought I may as well have a dig around... I'm not sure how I feel about what I found, knew there would be something, but not sure if I thought it would be more or less... hmmmmm..

Anyhow

p1010607ud.jpg

p1010755r.jpg

Offending area back to bear metal

p1010759ev.jpg

p1010756p.jpg

At least this part of the wheel well is clean

p1010760n.jpg

First 3 holes cleaned up and ready to patch

p1010765w.jpg

So yea, the battle begins. Off to find some bulk surplys of pannel steel tomorrow and cavity wax/rust inhibitor so I can get set in on saturday. Brought a cheap shitty gasless mig that showed up today from trademe but seems as though the wire speed is epicly fast, but that may or may not have something to do with that is pretty much the first time I've ever welded.. Will get an engineer friend over in the next day or too to show me some pointers so with some luck all will be swell!!

Guest dadams

So been doing a little bit lately, have decided to go full strip down and get shell and pannels dip stripped. Have done a little bit of a patch in the front but I'm not overly happy with it so once dipped will most likely grind that bitch back out!

Turns out that people wernt lying when they say gasless migs are shit! Talk about some crappy welds!

Anyhow, pics

p1010771b.jpg

p1010774x.jpg

So shell is 85% stripped at the moment, just got front end to come out, most likely this weekend.

Also thought Id jack up the diff before it came out for a sneeky shot with rims.. Shit be looking ill!!

p1010788l.jpg

p1010789w.jpg

p1010787a.jpg

That is all for today..

Sloooooooow progress, yet progress nonetheless!

Guest dadams

A little bit of lowkey Sunday action to get the juices flowing today..

From this

p1010785o.jpg

To this

p1010901y.jpg

And then on to a little bit of this

p1010908m.jpg

Plan is to get rear quarters and roof paint striped and send in for media blasting of some description in the next few weeks. Was planning on going the full deal with dip stripping but that shit is a little to rich for me and am worried about loosing primer in spots that I wont be able to get back at.

All up I'm fairly happy with the rear quarter, far less rust than I was expecting but there was a hell of alot more bog than I thought I'd be coming across.. As you can see some body has do a right stella job in the past with the wheel arch, and these a few decent dents that were just filled with bog.. But hey, all up it aint to bad..

Anyhow, that's all for today!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Bit of a boring picture less update..

Got rid of battery tray today, grinded that shit out and decided it would be a great idea to grind off the tip of my finger too (so thats why grinders have a guard on them?!?) 

Removed the last of the wiring, brake lines and fuel lines so now shell is 100% bare and ready for blasting. Down side to that is having zero dollars untill march due to being uber focused to being debt free in the new year, so from now untill then she will sit on the down low.. Also remove all sound deadening to inspect state of floor and tunnel. As to be predicted the floor is totally rooted on both sides, tunnel is mint though,  but that doesn't help much as that will be fucking off to make way for a W series g box..

Next step is get it blasted in the new year to say get F to all rust and then concentrate on rust repairs. An being a little bit hopeful but the goal is to have panel work done and ready for bog/prime/paint by the end of next year....

Aghhh soooooo many rusts!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Another picture less update, not much to report..

Cut off front valance as it was some dumb fucked shit, ground out some rust around fuel filler door to prevent it spreading.

Must get this blasted... Must buy new welder...  Must happen soon....

P.s... Could a mod please add this this to the build thread list thingy thing, mainly so I can find it easier!  

Loves!

• Like 1