auckland thursday driving to nats

Guest retep130

Stop having a cry you diddle - put your old carb back on and drive down - it'll take you 2 hours to swap if you start now.

Or miss out on trackday and drive down tomorrow.

i would have, but have no throttle cable etc as they got modded for new carb. Putting old carb on is not an option unfortunately

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest retep130

im not being facetious but I have played with 3 sets of bike carbs, and unless there is something else wrong then it shouldnt take more than 2-3 hours to get the jets right

Sohc wasn't free to help. He said it took weeks to tune them right.

Keen in mind for every change, I have to pull off the throttle, fuel, regulator, carbs and then do changes to main jet and put it all back together again...

And I am tuning KK, need laptop for that so have a quick peek every so often.

And now I'm cutting a log so I'm allowed to be here :-)

Guest retep130

ned ive done this 3 times, and I know whats involved, im considering this nedding around. there should be no reason you cant be at bp at 130

Guest Yowzer

Yowzer, sounds like someone needs to drop their unreliable Toyotas and get a rusty trusty Alfa Romeo. Bring on all that twisty stuff! :P

This engine has never given me any reason to believe it's unreliable, but they are well known for head warping and bearing running, and I'm probably pushing out near double the factory horsepower.

If you guys can do it in 2-3 hours, then come do it and I'll pay you $50 an hour. Calling it nedding around is a load if shit, I've worked my ass if trying to tune this and I'm sorry I'm not as fast as you pro guys.

This is not a good time to be giving me shit btw

Guest Yowzer

Yowzer - I am disappoint at the chequebook wagoneer... At least you arn't the first..

Haha Keegan has more tools and skills than I, so had I done it myself I'd have taken a month or 2 longer.