Superclucks ENSOC ford D600 firetruck

Guest Supercluck

Guest Supercluck

How are ya?

Thought I'd chuck up a wee build up to help me get moving. I am the caregiver for the ENSOC (canterbury uni engineering society) firetruck this year thouhgt you guys might be interested

Inherited this job of being 'fleet manager' late last year and was supposed to be inchrage of both the firetruck and a cage trailer. The cage trailer gone missing or been stolen so if you guys see a black cage trailer with the numberplate ENSOC darting around hit me up and I'd love to know any info haha. Truck had no COF once i got it and upon taking it in it got pulled up on some rust in driver floor. Easy enough cut it out and cut a plate to fix and went to my only mate with a welder in Cheech and it gave up the ghost. So after being stung $240 to weld in a plate already cut and tacked in I walked away with a fresh COF.

I guess as this is a project need to set some goals for it.

-Give it a cut and polish- The paint is all pretty knackered and is looking pretty shabby after being used as a stage at a paint party.

-Repair hole in the top from someone burnign a couch on the top

-Figure out a way to get a pumping system sorted in ther. From what i understand some bugger ran the pump dry and it was removed and scrapped then the tank got removed and scrapped as well. I think a 12v pump with a couple of hundred litres storage could be the goer for it.

-Set up the 12V->240V system better. currently is a bit of a rigmarole to hook it up to set the amp and PA's up so will try make that easier.

-Install locks on all the lockers

-Keg taps in the back of the truck

-Refit siren, beacon and source an air horn

Think that will be enough to keep me busy along with uni and whatever else pops up. If someone can think of a crazy cool idea and I can convince the treasurer to loosen the purse strings I can pretty much do whatever i want with this.

Also this is the first truck I've ever dealt with, all seems just like a car just bigger. Any special maintenance to carry out? Is a 5L petrol and is a gutless wonder. All I've been told is to ride the brakes hard when you aren't driving it often or drive it more often otherwise the actuators will jam up and need overhauling.

Some pictures

Link to some old photos

http://www.111emerge.../D-E/DT3760.htm

Will take some new ones once Ive given her a clean and flick them up.

M7gck7d.jpg

Cheers

Marcus