10Speed's Daily VE SS V

Guest 10Speed

Guest 10Speed

This isn't really meant to be a project... but have started to spend money on it never the less...

2007 Holden VE SS V (too many letters) 6 litre v8 with a 6 speed manual...

About 6 months ago I decided to consolidate my fleet, by combining my 350z and Ford Courier into one vehicle, something I could enjoy at the track and carry bikes with...

Pic's from when I bought it...

1522509_1.jpg

1522509_2.jpg

1522509_3.jpg

1522509_9.jpg

• Like 1

Guest 10Speed

The Chevy badging doesn't really do it for me... however a replacement Holden grill would have cost more than I thought was reasonable... so my first mod was to remove the tailgate bow tie, and plasti-dip over the grill...

IMG_20130317_191031_zps4e7df214.jpg

a little more low key than gold...

Guest 10Speed

took it to Hampton Downs last weekend... and was pleasantly surprised how enjoyable and well behaved it was on the track... However (as expected) the brakes were the weakest link...

So today have fitted new slotted rotors and Ferodo 2500 pads... Hopefully this will improve things enough without the need for a calliper upgrade...

IMG_20130317_191002_zpsda3bca74.jpg

I have kept the poorly selected orange paint on the callipers because it was easy...

Also don't particularly like the rims, but again changing them is possibly more expensive than it's worth...

Guest EURON8

This is scary to drive.

Mainly cause its someone else's expensive fast ute with fancy new fangled 6 speed and at night in the wet.

Is nice though and another shot at during the day would be sweet haha

Guest 10Speed

probably be better if you don't have to share the cab with someone infected with the bubonic plague as well?

you're welcome to take it for a spin...

Guest EURON8

6 speed LS2? ute would be super loose.

I dont think the VE shape suits the sedan/wagon lines but in ute form its perfect.

Really? I'd roll a slammed white wag In a heart beat aye.

Look sweet

• Like 2

Guest HighLUX

Thats family spec Euron8 talking right there.

A walkinshaw wagon would be nice but you cant carry a cube of top soil/2 MX bikes/most of the contents of a shed in a wagon

Guest Orion

Does this use all of the petrols?

I must say it's the best/most fun offer of a tow vehicle (to grab my TX3 parts car from Gisborne) I've had so far. Still waiting for confirmation of trailer use!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 10Speed

DSC_9848_zps2ffde7c7.jpg

another track day - brakes were perfectly adequate...

but has developed a weird problem with the clutch pedal not returning... lifting it with my toes and it was fine... have changed to fluid to try and fix it wit no luck, and only seems to happen at the track...

Guest snapper
Really? I'd roll a slammed white wag In a heart beat aye. Look sweet

yep, +1 I was driving in Sydney last year and was amongst many in traffic in my renta-a-box SV6.... a white one same as this lowered, manual really caught my eye.

14l per 100km around town... pretty shit really...

my swedish battle tank runs 15l/100 round town, so consider yourself 'green'!