Spacie's 1982 Mitsubishi Sigma SE

spacie

Well, it's been a long time since I have been "active" member on these forums due to selling my 4AGE KP60, building a drift car and rolling an E30 as a daily (would could be considered as old school I guess), but after seeing the quality of some the cars you guys are churning out at the moment, and flicking off my E30, I thought I'd share my new OS acquisition.

1982 Mitsubishi Sigma SE

2.0L 4G63 SOHC carb'd 5 speed goodness.

Bit of history on it; NZ new, and as far as the previous owner and myself have found, it is the only NZ new Mitsubishi of its era to come in black. Black was only an option on imports in later years. The car was custom made for the Director of Marsden Alexander (a Mitsubishi dealership) by Mitsubishi New Zealand, then seller's father bought it after it had done 1500 km. The father passed away in 1997 and it went into dry storage for 10 years until 2007, when his wife decided to take it out every now and then in the weekends, but she has suffered a couple of strokes and is going blind so they have decided to flick the car off, with the money going towards her rest home fees.

Has tonnes of sweet OS features, electric windows (driver's is auto up or down), rev counter in gauge cluster, central locking via a button on the dash, lights everywhere (rear pillars, rear of centre console etc!), 1980s radar detector, electric aerial, tow bar etc!

Has only just ticked over 70,000 genuine kms, and this thing is fucking mint.

Failed to take photos after initial purchase due to the fact that I just wanted to drive the fucking thing! So here are some photos of me test fitting my wheels.

2cpoms0.jpg

oqjad1.jpg

Have since modified original mudflaps, resprayed grille satin black, removed headlight covers and replaced one completely fucked idler arm! Hoping to begin the lowering process tomorrow. Will consist of taking factory springs out and sending them up to Autolign where they will be compressed as far as they can go and retempered. Front inserts are relatively new so will be machined down and rear shocks will either be matched up to some shorter ones or shortened. Then my 15x8 Diezel D-Windows with possibly 195/55x15s, obligatory dildo shifter and Nardi wheel, 2 inch exhaust, air filter etc

Chur.

• Like 1

Dreams are free:

2v3khvc.jpg

Wish I could get it this low. However, on my budget and due to the fact that bits aren't readily available off the shelf for one of these, I'm crossing my fingers that compressing the springs leaves it at a respectable height. Gotta have that "street cred yo" etc

• 4 weeks later...
Guest spacie

So, this happened today:

35m2r7q.jpg

Cambelt snapped as I was driving home to see the Mrs and daughter. So, went down and got new tensioner bearing, balance shaft bearing, water pump and all new belts etc. Then I guess I just cross my fingers and hope everything is OK!

20joe47.jpg

359l9ph.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spacie

Well, Sigma survived the snapped cambelt ordeal. Haven't had time to sack her out as it's been pretty hectic at work as of late, so I decided it was time to upgrade the sounds using the stuff that came out of my drift car I was using back when it was road legal.

Out with the old:

24pj3nm.jpg

16byf48.jpg

And in with the new:

20iuujb.jpg

bhbnh4.jpg

Sony Xplod headunit and 6x9s, and some grey vinyl speaker spacers, which match the parcel tray almost perfectly. If anyone is after some "period" OS sounds, pm me/make a discussion thread and feel free to make me an offer on them, they're no good to me :)

• 3 weeks later...