Wataru's 1987 AE86 Corolla Levin GT-Apex

Wataru

Discussion here

After a long time looking I finally found a decent AE86, last owner imported it from Japan last year. It's pretty much rust free, just a little surface rust in the engine bay. Has a few mods already: TRD shocks, springs and bushes, TRD clutch and lsd, TRD hatch, HKS exhaust and piggyback ecu, Hayashi Streets.

Pics

IMG_20130125_193737.jpg

IMG_20130125_193720.jpg

Plans are eventually to do a 20v swap (will be my first swap so start with an easy one). The Hayashis are cool but would really like some Watanabes. I've always been a fan of the Zenki Trueno so also considering a Trueno conversion.

For the next six months though just going to enjoy driving it, until then there's not going to be too much going on here.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Wataru

There's a lot of vibration under certain revs so replaced worn engine mounts with TRD ones and the gearbox mount with a Cusco one. With the help of mikey and 10Speed

IMG_20130313_191120_zps74ab71f7.jpg

Here's the old ones, bit cracked.

IMG_20130315_182009_zpsd0a73830.jpg

Much smoother now, exhaust is rattling a bit still so will replace that sometime soon. Also took it to Hampton, good fun.

DSC_9825_zps5cc98ff3.jpg