Connor's Triumph Wagon

Connor

So I went and bought beavers wag cause i missed out last time and it popped up on tard a coouple of weeks ago. So i pick it up tomorrow from kapiti. So Plans for it are 15x8 smooties coilovers and a pi conversion running of a computer instead of the ugly mechanical injection. I wanna be running it through a lsd.

http://loweredlifest...rters-part-one/ This is my inspiration. I'm sure most people have seen it before.

For those who don't know the car its here http://oldschool.co.... wagon__st__20 at the mo its looking like the last pictures

Being 16 and still at school progress might be a bit slow as i'm learning on the way and moneys at the short as i only do twelve hours a week at mitre 10 :D

Will upload pics when i learn how to :)

discuss here: http://oldschool.co....rs-triumph-wag/

Also duhno how to do the View topic thing :D

Woo so I just go home to tauranga after leaving at 5:30 this morning after dropping the saloon in rotorua after running out of gas... We headed on down to waikanae. After getting there about 12:30 we started goin I've the car so it could re-pass its wof before it came up so anyway it passed and we left and we got home finally after a number of stops and slow traffic. First of all how the fuck does such a tatty car turn so many heads an get so many people pointing at it apart from its obnoxiously loud exhaust which I love.... So there's been a change of plan with the order of the mods. So first of all we are going to replace the bogged to fuck panels... Which are most of them we thought This would probably be cheaper quicker and easier then fixing the ones that are there so I'm gunna go out to des's sometime next week and grab some. After that we are going to do the interior which hopefully we will get a deal on since we are doing four cars at once... Then it will go wheels, coilovers, engine and gearbox conversion and paint then all the finishing touches like badges etc to pi rather then 2000tc

Ps: how do I upload pictures so they show up on the forum not as a link?

So i tried to make some kind of progress on the car today kinda the bonnets white which is on top of the blue is flaking to shit and is ugly as fuck so the smart decision today was to buy some sandpaper from work and sand it right back to bare metal so i got a bit carried away on my break.. i undid the bolts on the bonnet and took it off and started to sand meaning bonnetless sitting at work with that roaring 2000 sticking out the bonnet ;) hahaha i had a whole heap of old men stop and relive there glory days haha so anyway i dropped my mates in town about an hour ago bonnetless got pulled over just because the cop wanted to have a geeze so when i got home it took me from then till now to put the fucker back its like a mystical blue and white marble haha so anyway i'm going to get some paint stripper at work tomorrow and do that tomorrow night so i have one rusty ass bonnet for school :D also gonna put some cutties in it and chuck on some 's' spec wheels then park in the middle of the carpark see what reaction i get from the people whos car knowledge goes as far as 'that'd be mean as an rb' 'get some rotas gee' especially when no one apart from the teachers knew what my last car was.. haha the hipster life ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so Progress has been slow i've had a rusty bonnet for a couply week now and i've set up for some widened steels to be made for me i've also got some gas shocks from highlux so slam is in order i think also looking in to some watanabes as well for some race car stz Been getting so many comments and thumbs up teachers at school the other day were pining and reliving there glory days and such and such. So adjusting the richness sometime this week hopefully my wheels will be ready soon slam will be this week to hopefully :3 pictures of bonnet tomorrow when i get some time after work then i have my first day off in like 3-4 weeks progress hopefully woo >.<

• 4 weeks later...

So took it to the MadMax carnival today.

GRYa5kn.jpg

Then came home with best classic

SRdri1J.jpg

Also oon the lookout for wheels preferably 14 or 15 inch lower offset would be good but can always use spacers so let me know what you have would prefer the same style as tc 2500s ones or steel but will consider most :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Connor

So throttle broke coming out of fraser cove on a steep ass fucker of a hill so ended up sitting on yellow lines for two hours trying to fix it then got towed to the top of the hill continued to try and fix it then gave in got towed home and just replaced the cable tonight.

Ended up the piece that the nob is supposed to sit in to pull the throttle wasn't there which mean't we had to butcher our one that was already there wooso hopefully we make it to beach hop after school tomorrow :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Connor

So seriously looking at wheels now Nut want some suggestions at the mo i am looking at some performance challengers which are 15x7 with negative 11 offset concave rather then dish but really need some suggestions would prefer to be staying away from widened steels unless i can get mega dish. All the advice i get from mates is, "get rotas they phat" very helpful i know :)

Suggestions here:

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/36286-connors-triumph-wag/

• 3 weeks later...

Some of you may remember the fuel smell that the car put out well it got to much to bare so this happened

79qg2kd.jpg

when we had it out it led to finding this

Ipg71Qd.jpg

Then considering it is my daily driver we came up with this so i could get to work not school cause it is school holidays thankgod

dHFJike.jpg

I then dropped it at the radiator shop on the way to work and picked it up looking like this

AUAijaq.jpg

and back in it went

Lswivie.jpg

Any abuse / knowledge is welcome also nearly have enough saved for wheels am going for 15x8 with a -9 offset in a peformance challenger mainly because they look like a more hardout version of the s wheel so hopefully have them on in the next few weeks with a whole shit tonne of low :)

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/36286-connors-triumph-wag/

• 1 month later...

So this just got green stickered for being 78mm at the jack point which I didn't think was fucking structural hahaha oh well some time to get some big shit done they couldn't even tell it was cut even when I had to get both my jacks out to jack it up they even got out the decibel reader haha so off for a warrant she will go next week and then will get all the shit done which will probably be back doors seat rails and lowness so will be on the lookout for some old school ass bucks seats like the ones out of Te Porsche 944 turbo or whatever then do panel and paint maybe

• 1 month later...

So this got green stickered about a week and a half after my last update i have since put new boot floor in replaced steering rack bushes and raised it i got my wof last friday and then dropped it again on wednesday have been pulled over once since then he cop took a picture of my car because he had a sedan at home and left :D feeling stoked every time i hit my jackpoints on something. am getting the rear doors reskinned after massey open day on the 30th and then when i get the funds getting the front cut off and replaced with all nos panels including guards. oh and my new engine and gearbox arrive tomorrow :)

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

So it's been a long time. I am finally getting round to doing things to this getting ready for next summer etc. I am planning on taking it off the road if I can find a 1.6L 205 gti. Anyway this is how it's gone since the last update. So it has become all legal after me last sticker I think the last sticker came off on the 16th of December and got dailyed right through summer in cop city a.k.a Tauranga, Mount. Before that though we added slam because it ain't the trumph hack without slam this same day a lady rear ended me while picking the kids up from school in the odyssey. We then went through the trouble of finding a new bumper. We didn't find one till a few weeks ago and it still ended up being the wrong one. Anyway on Christmas Eve I may or may not have blown up my diff. Which may or may not have been the result of treating it like a cef. Anyway this then resulted in a new diff with better ratio and it now spins two wheels... So summer went well a LOT of people enjoyed the trumph including a lot of drunk people using the trumph as a taxi. So all went well including 4&tanga nats we even got pulled over by multiple police in dorkland who just thought it was fucking sweet. It then got more lows in the front. Anyway pictures are better then words I'll leave them here. From start to finish.

Cm2EC9T.jpg

YiXeYNk.jpg

cfCzBjt.jpg

j2RxpPY.jpg

n51puTq.jpg

9GYbZjF.jpg

XB5Wh5Q.jpg

8SNOPAq.jpg

8xCyyaq.jpg

QsCTHj9.jpg

owyWFbb.jpg

Y4ROGh6.jpg

zZX6iKq.jpg

2qVMxpF.jpg

xvzvZCM.jpg

FSgIuLX.jpg

More shoots on this flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/96792456@N04/

And a video

http://vimeo.com/86679940

P.s. May be looking at selling it too in the near future Porsche is calling I want a 964 and 28k don't cut it for a manual 964

For discussions://oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/36286-connors-triumph-wag/

• Like 8

• 1 month later...