79 AE70 Corolla

BattleSnayke

I thought i might as well make myself a dumping ground for pics etc...

Discussion:

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/35758-battlesnaykes-79-ae70-discussion/

Heres how the car started and some progress shots to catch you up to now:

This is the car the day i got it:

6937356702_27ba191b33.jpg

AE70 by Bwarp.net.nz, on Flickr

6937356916_d751a36089.jpg

Rearview by Bwarp.net.nz, on Flickr

6937357280_1d5b1f47f3.jpg

Impul Mesh by Bwarp.net.nz, on Flickr

Then i borrowed some wheels while the Impuls had a crack repaired

yz5p4b1s.rrx.jpg

Then i got a new bumper

HSEqV.jpg

Then i got fender mirrors, and a new lip/snow plow

nwKQY.jpg

Replaced the thermostat

xhFoP.jpg

Then the exciting stuff started...

k0t5q4fm.egz.jpg

CrarP.jpg

And I love this, gonna look so tough!

8Uk8i.jpg

And there you have it. Will post up some more pics in the new year when i get tyres and my hakosouka wing.

• 3 weeks later...

Wheels are now on the car, i replaced the rear springs with some king springs my mate had sitting in the lock up as they're stiffer than the cut springs that were in it before. I've also cut a coil off the rear springs as the king springs were a bit higher than the previous springs so the rakes all gone now.

winm2usz.mr0.jpg

1x2ozshu.vfh.jpg

rrjag5tk.20c.jpg

okljgjya.llc.jpg

n3voc5qr.2om.jpg

I am also working on purchasing this engine off my mate that he no longer needs

4punrudm.b4f.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest BattleSnayke

So after plenty of time wasters and unusual deals, I have decided to keep the AE and proceed with the engine swap... Began stripping it down and then replace it with a silvertop 4AGE.

p7xbFuE.jpg

3ssoVLo.jpg

After this I ripped the 3AU and K50 out and it sat that way for about 4 weeks. I managed to give the engine bay a bit of a scrub, it didn't come up perfect but it's not too bad.

Actually made some good progress on the car for the first time in 4 weeks. Managed to get the motor and gearbox etc mounted into place.

kbYap8B.jpg

ITMaRHT.jpg

And the headers I want to buy! Will look insane in the engine bay with the trumpets and gilmers.

1sTlj9K.png

• Like 2

Guest BattleSnayke

I'm looking at going for a distributor relocation kit rather than coil packs. From what I can see, it's easier to do that when using a factory ecu, and will work out much the same price, if not cheaper.

This is the kit I'm looking at;

AMhHil8.jpg

Guest BattleSnayke

Spent today putting the bumper and grille back on.

NjKdTNC.jpg

I have decided to buy the dizzy cap relocation kit and the cooler kit from SQ so will order those this week. They are rather expensive but should make the whole thing a lot easier, about $1000 for both.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BattleSnayke

So the water kits arrived and i've started putting that on, so easy! The dizzy kit should be here next week!

I've been talking to Frost about getting him to make some custom headers and do my exhaust which should hopefully happen over the next few months.

In the mean time i've been going crazy buying wheels.

So far i've purchased some 14x7 and 14x6.5 XR4 Longchamps, not huge but will be good for giving the car a bit of a thrashing without ruining the CR01s.

I've also found a set of my favourite wheels of all time, Devil Japan Shadow Spokes (they have many different names). Im currently winning the bids on these (im the only bidder) and they end tonight so fingers crossed i win them! Not to drive on, just to have in the collection.

PDfAQLC.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The beginnings of the radiator shroud. Because im running such a small radiator there were large gaps on either side. This should help direct the air/stop shit flying into the engine bay... plus the alloy will look amazing through the grille.

nyqt4e05.ljb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And she's gone! I'm thinking that I can have the car running by the time I get it back. There's actually a lot less to do than I thought. I have ordered a heap of red horse braid and fittings which should be here next week and the cars off getting a Link G4 Storm wired up.

p1uk6nJ.jpg

Also, oil cap was the best investment (cost a stupid amount of money, #trdtax)! Looks amazing (personal opinion)

2rj0RyS.jpg

Also purchased a Megan Racing M-DT muffler so will get the exhaust made up soon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...