My Gx71 Mark II HardTop

87MKII

Hey guys, Well heres my 1987 Toyota Mark II HardTop. Scored it off Trademe for $1500, came with a WOF and Reg at the time of sale. I had sold my 92 corona that I scored for $900 down at the Momorial Park car park in palmy. Ended up selling the rona for $1500. Was carless for a day or so and seen this beast on trademe for $1500 and knew I had to have it!. The guy who owned it before me said that it was definately not a show car and that it needed some work on it. I instantly rung the guy and asked if I could come have a look at it. He said sweet, So went with a mate to cheak it out, took it for a drive and it was mint, all the interior was there nothing was missing beside the shrouds that go around the door locks on the inside. But that wasnt much of a put off. So drove back to his house and he said he ddnt want to sell the wheels with it.. And I was like fuck!! I need the wheels(cause I ddnt have another set to put on). He wanted another $200 for the wheels.. but I ddnt have another $200 to give him.. So went home that night and sleept on it. Ended up txtn him the next day and sayn I got $1500 on me right now and would you take that.. He took awhile to txt back and said ohh ok.!! I was stoked lol!! Waited about an hour for him to get back into town, then went and picked it up. The dude also told me at the time of sale that it was leaking Transmission oil out the rear output shaft seal, but my mate who is a mahchanic said that was a easy job to fix. Ive put new seal in now, It was abit of pain doing it under axel stands on the bottom height setting tho! but managed to get it in sweet as. So all I have todo now to get it running percy is just fix a small exhaust leak thats leaking out the flange up by the manny. When the time came around to get her 1st wof, It ddnt need much. Only had to change the Right steering rack boot, fix a lighting problem in the rear tail light and new window wipers! I done all the work on it myself saving me abit of money.

Theres still afew things im keen to get done on it, but will have to wait. You know how it is haha.

Day 2 of ownership :)

markii.jpg

Lick of paint on the rimz and how Im rolling now :D although got the rising sun on gas flap and hang ring on jesus handle now aswell.

markii2.jpg

I do have all the Head Rests but I prefur them off because it makes the car feel more spacious.

markii3.jpg

Up at Mt Vic in Wellington

markii4.jpg

Water front in Potone

markii5.jpg

Standard Air filter/ New Air filter. Brought new one for shits and gigs, Am still able to change back to standard very easily.

markiienginebay1geu.jpg

markiienginebaywithpodf.jpg

Brought afew things. Dizzy cap and rotor, plugs and fuel filter

20121018123555.jpg

20121023122416.jpg

20121023122447.jpg

Discussion Thread viewtopic.php?f=18&t=36110