Dr Bojangles' AE86 Corolla GT

Hi all, - Discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=34793

Met some of the Manawatu crew at the Noodles and Dumplings catch up.

Anyway, heres my 1984 AE86 Corolla GT (NZ new)

img2555i.jpg

As she stands:

Engine: Big port 4AGE with twin choke Dellorto DHLA40 carburettors, running coil and modified 4k distributor, and massively oversized extractors (from the cars previous powerplant)

Chassis/Body: Shitarse blue paintjob complete with runs (painted with roller? ;)), Lowered somewhat, with Bilstein shocks, front strut brace, rear strutbrace (welded in pipe, not as whory as it sounds), 13 inch Superlighty things, with Toyo Proxes, OMP race wheel (complete with factory no power steering, or ac for that matter), some rust.

Drivetrain: T50 (rebuilt 6000kms ago) with straight cut 1st and 2nd (sounds so cool), and TRD 2way LSD.

Plans:

20V silvertop 4AGE, with link ECU, coil on plugs, and ITBs with 40mm velocity stacks, new rear hatch, panel and paint when i can afford it. Upgraded pilot's seat, New wheels.

Anywho, I'll be drip feeding updates in, as I'm not working on it atm, (and I have more goodies for it now than I'm letting on, hehehe)

Here's a couple more pics to keep ye all amused.

img2559i.jpg

Co-pilot sitting in front there.

Here's Co-pilot number two,

img2561d.jpg

So, I've decided to give the Dellortos an overhaul.

Mint day to take them off, outside. . .

img0435ge.jpg

Anyway got them off, random different sized bolts and stuff, this poor old girl is begging to have everything done properly.

Filthy little buggers aint they?

img0436kq.jpg

img0437vn.jpg

img0442mx.jpg

Now what do? lol.

Going to try the boil them in lemon juice trick to clean em up.

Been reading up about float heights, Des (How to build and tune Weber and Dellorto carbs) Hammill, reckons 15mm, and 25mm at full droop, mine are at about 45mm at full droop. going to reset them. My rebuild kit for the carbs came with a new float needle jet and holder too, carbs currently have 150 jets installed, kit has 175s. This guy: http://www.club4ag.com/faq_and_tech_pag ... _4A-GE.htm reckons 175s are the go for the 4age so I'll stick em in.

Car has always had massive hesitation when applying the throttle before getting to about 2/3rds throttle. Thinking about buying some bigger accelerator jets, it's got 33's in it, and they're the smallest you can get apparently. Might get some 40's, see if that livens her up a bit.