Be4vers Datsun 260C

be4ver

Well i brought myself yet another car, couldn't justify buying it at all except for the fact i just wanted it and i had money there to buy it haha.

Its been off the road for the last 4 years or so parked up in a shed so has no wof and the regos on hold. not much rust in it to speak of thank god - the worst being a fairly average repair to the rear passenger lower door shut that will need cutting out. the rest is mainly superficial and that a good bit of rust kill will handle.

Wasnt running so flash when i was bringing it home but sussed that out to be a fucked spark plug so threw one of them in and it runs mint, not bad for not being on the road since 2008. luckily the guys been running it regularly while its been off the road and everything still works pretty sweet. I'll be taking it in for a wof this week, dont think its gunna need much, well fingers crossed it doesn't! oh and it gets cheap rego so thats a massive bonus!

it might end up being a quick tidy up and flick off job but ive gotta say its pretty sweet to drive and so comfortable and smooth its growing on me more and more so i may just end up keeping it.

Heres a discussion thingo - //oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=34079

any who heres pics (sorry if you have slow internets! theres a few of them)

img1171rf.jpg

img1177ci.jpg

img1178o.jpg

img1184g.jpg

img1186i.jpg

the interior is mint, it's so original and the carpets are like new under the old bits of carpet covering them

img1188wl.jpg

img1193fhz.jpg

img1191fj.jpg

img1190i.jpg

And some fancy pics just cos

img1194a.jpg

img1195cnn.jpg

img1196wq.jpg

img1197tz.jpg

warrent went better than expected.

failed on the following;

-guard indicators not going (replaced bulbs)

-left rear tyre fucked (spare fitted-sweet!)

-both front lower outer ball joints buggered

-rust in left rear sill needs to repaired

and thats all! pretty happy with that.

this is the rust - there is no other rust worth mentioning according to the guy at that checked it over and thats fantastic news!

img12001.jpg

it was mostly covered with bog, had i left it tho it may not have been failed on it. but at least now ill fix cos i have to instead of just leaving it to its own devices and forgetting about it

does anyone know where i might find a pair of ball joints for this??

I went to the nissan agents in town and they gave me an old set they had in stock which were for a 720 ute. These looked identical to the ones in the car so i took them away to fit BUT.... the tapered shaft bit thats on the ball itself was just slightly too fat so wasn't even close to poking through enough to do up the nut.

So i took them back and unfortunately they haven't managed to come up with anything else aftermarket or otherwise. Its looking now like my only option will be to rebuild the ones i have which is about $120 per side as opposed to $40ish each for new ones.

any ideas?? id even just get some second hand ones if they were any good

• 2 months later...

had a wee go at some dent removal :lol:

img1704pq.jpg

img1705sg.jpg

img1706wp.jpg

better than it was i suppose..

after a good hard dig/poke/scrape over the whole car found all the rust it has to offer, piss all really :)

img1708v.jpg

this is by far the worst. bottom of right rear guard

img1711h.jpg

img1713b.jpg

not too bad at all i don't think, will all be getting chopped out soon by a mate in exchange for some wiring skills.

although i did discover a fair bit of bog on the roof :? not rusty under it tho so i think ill just ignore that

img1709is.jpg

took the ball joints out and sent them off to be repaired. So much crud stuck on everything, its like cement! cleaned up the hubs ok but no amount of degreaser will even soften the rest up. Gunna be a tedious job using a flat screw driver to scrape it all off

img1714z.jpg

will be on the road in no time!

• 2 weeks later...

GOT WOF & REGO

triumphant+baby.jpg

so we took it to timaru for the day to celebrate, really loving this car now as rough as it is at the moment. Every thought i had of selling it has now gone. drove awesome, although handling like a boat and using about half a tank of fuel, i was pretty stoaked with it. Now to lower it asap.

img1786u.jpg

img1781atf.jpg

img1787ip.jpg