Camo_78's 83 mk5 sport cortina

camo_78

discussion: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33421

so,for those of you that dont know,Liv aka Alto_90 on here is my partner.she just bought this,but we are doing it as a joint project.its a genuine mk5 sport,2 litre 4 speed,we THINK its lowered slightly on hotwires,and a quick primer job.plans more low,5 speed out of my ghia(thats going to 4 speed for drags),change of rims,new paint,wrx front seats,and a decent stereo system :)

As purchased(except for battery)

1131879.jpg

1131881.jpg

1131890.jpg

1131896.jpg

1131897.jpg

• Like 1

owned it a week and a half,so far we have had to fit 5 speed as 4 speed thrust bearing collapsed,and a whole new exhaust system as old one ripped apart.still owes us less than 2k though so cant complain too much ae 8)

new exhaust from Mark@Pitstop Hornby

dscf3789n.jpg

tis a 2" system,single muffler with 2.5" tailpipe

dscf3791a.jpg

and 5 speed.yes the exhaust hangs low under gearbox,am going to fit a bash plate before i lower it

dscf3793q.jpg

the broken bits

dscf3794c.jpg

dscf3795p.jpg

dscf3797d.jpg

• 11 months later...
Guest camo_78

HOLY HELL BATMAN,TIME FOR AN UPDATE!!!

anyway,weve had this off the road for a few months,plan was just a quick panel n paint job......yeah right.i THINK i took it off the road in november last year,and just been pottering away at it.so,without further ado and cause pictures tell a thousand words,here it is as of today,16th of april 2013

img0466kf.jpg

for those that are interested,the rear wheel is "Abira Racing",15x6.5,2 piece i THINK.bought them off trademe as they have been professionally redrilled to 4x108 stud pattern.anyway,another picture

img0467tk.jpg

those with a keen eye will notice this is NOT like a standard cortina engine bay ;)

img0470ic.jpg

a better shot of the wheels for those that may be interested.and yes,i know they are balloon tyres,they are soon to be removed to go on a mates AU falcon

the colour on the front is actually 1k primer filler.yeah i know,should be using 2k but this stuff was recommended so figured id try it

and heres where you can tell me im an idiot: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?showtopic=32763

• 4 weeks later...

had to go back 4 bloody pages to find this thread,lol. anyway, still working away on it.these pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago but had'nt got around to putting them on a computer until now.

img0475ebh.jpg
early stages of a boot install.yes,i know,not exactly oldschool but i like a nice tidy boot and if that means making panels up so be it :) .i also apologise for the picture size,imageshack is changing and confused me :/

img0484wy.jpg
bought this grill for cheap to try,am getting a mint one from Karl(i500gt) so this one will be hung up as its missing a big chunk on the top drivers side.

since these pictures were taken ive finished the sub box(under parcel shelf),finished customising the rear flares,and primered a few more repairs.will try get some updated pictures in the next few days

tell me im an idiot here: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?showtopic=32763

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

IM BAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!lol.anywho,been a long time,and a lot has changed.Liv and I are no longer together,however I still own this.these are the most up to date pictures I have,i apologise for crappiness as theyre off my Ifag 3 phone,lol

didn't touch it for nearly a year,however recently got motivation back to get it done,albeit in primer.it now has the motor from the ghia in it,and has also been fitted with a sunroof.apart from that the plans haven't changed much,will get paint later in the year and also a new set of rims :)

EDIT:just read discussion thread and I did mention years ago that I wanted spitties.mission accomplished courtesy of work(mag and turbo chch) ;)

post-8652-0-19673400-1423714568_thumb.jpg

post-8652-0-24089900-1423714656_thumb.jpg

• Like 1