54 Chevy

lobrow

Hey,

Lurked around here for years, Figured Id throw up a build thread of my chevy, I've got one up on HRR but not many younger fullas on there, keen for input and inspiration from younger guys who are into this sorta shit.

But anyway, basic shit..... 4 link, 10 bolt camaro diff, custom MII front clip, bags all round, 15" widened chev steels and whitewalls. Almost finished the frame, a few little bits to finish off, get the body back on soon and cut the floor up.

Trademe auction photo

54sedan3.jpg

Stripped

kiakourancrap001.jpg

Stripped chassis of old crossmembers, diff, etc

DSCF1618.jpg

Got the chassis to work, set up a 4 link and braced the chassis.

DSCF1858.jpg

Built a new crossmember, UCA mounts to suit Heidts Mustang II control arms, brakes, etc

chassisshiz004.jpg

Parts arrived....

011.jpg

Decided I didn't like the front end setup, and it needed to be Z'd to lay the sills dead flat on the ground.....

So cut it off and built a new one..

029.jpg

030.jpg

005.jpg

00022.jpg

Trying to figure out a color combo...

010-1.jpg

And heres a pic of my drop axled Unimig for shits a giggles :lol:

001.jpg

Thats about where Im at right now, its been a couple of years now, SLOOOOW build but its getting there. To much shit to do, not enough time..

• 9 months later...

Managed to get in the garage for a few days over the last few weekends, Having a child really screws any time you thought you had, but its all good, these things take time.

Pretty stoked with the progress Ive made.

Last weekend had I made a couple of lower bag brackets for the diff

kudtydty9.jpg

Finished off the 4 link, welded everything up..

hgfk9.jpg

hgfk3.jpg

Got the front end mostly finished, Added the extra LCA support, still haven't mounted shocks yet.

hgfk4.jpg

kudtydty4.jpg

Then had a play with the bags for a bit, everything clears pretty well, pinion angle stays within 2 degrees through full arc.

kudtydty11.jpg

kudtydty12.jpg

hgfk2.jpg

hgfk1.jpg

Cut the fuel filler out and filled it, Bought some shrinking discs off ebay, they work mint, not so scared of panel work on this thing now.

hgfk5.jpg

hgfk6.jpg

About time I made a trip to metal scrap

hjfhgfki2.jpg

hjfhgfki1.jpg

Hopefully drop the body on next weekend..

The car came with a 49-52 chevy rear bumper, looked like shit, got this one from a swapmeet and seems to look good to me..

002-1.jpg

lowlow

003-4.jpg

rear tubs are going to be tight

004-2.jpg

tucking 3 of 5 nuts, still have to remake the sill, removing pinch so itll be another 15-20mm lower

006-1.jpg

Im a happy mafucker.

• Like 2