Levis GX51 81 Cresta

LS 2 THE DEEE

Basically sold this

crestn037.jpg

I kept the wheels and brought the earlier gx51 version for 1100.

img0232s.jpg

The good

Manual

IRS

Tidy interior

cruise control and original stereo

The bad

Cancer in boot, rear arches and a few sprinklings around the place

1GEU

Paints kaka

Reg is on hold while i get things up to scratch

So far i've done the following:

got boat anchor going it had some injector poos

installed bc gold adjustables (cheers mr fels for assisting)

Got most of cancer removed

beat the fuck out of rear arches to 9's with there stupid -27 offset would fit

Painted it!

Still to do

New carpet, parcel tray etc

get decent speakers running through factory stereo

continue saving for jz upgrade

pictures ( i forgot to take any before i started stripping it for paint)

img0233u.jpg

img0234oe.jpg

img0235kn.jpg

img0236xe.jpg

img0237fw.jpg

img0263am.jpg

img0266te.jpg

img0267w.jpg

img0268ry.jpg

img0269to.jpg

img0270q.jpg

img0286pi.jpg

img0287z.jpg

so yeah thats about it

At the moment i have gold centers on the front wheels and silver on the rear and im not sure which colour to go with. Let me know what you think as Im gonna paint them when I decide.

• 4 weeks later...

Have slowly been piecing it back together

was a bit rushed on the paint job as I had to move my car out of the shed it was in so theres a few patches of average prep that clearcoat loves to show up but i will deal with them at engine upgrade time whenever that is.

The left mirror is pretty bung so im trying to figure out a way to tidy that up an mount it

I also need the chrome trim for the bonnet, still unsure of what colour to do wheel centres but im leaning towards silver

img0305m.jpg

img0306ba.jpg

img0308pm.jpg

img0309jh.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Brought a 1jzgte with gearbox out of jza70 overnight on yahoo for 36000 jpy

Not sure what state mOtor is in but if gearbox is a r154 then it was well worth it as bellhousing, flywheel etc would of cost me a grand anyway.

The combo had to picked up so ewan (hayatonka) is doing the mish in his van to grab it.

Will add pics later.

• 11 months later...

Well now that the motor has been sitting around for a few months and my first child has been born I thought it would be an appropriate time to start chipping away at this.

The motor has finally made it onto an engine stand where it will undergo all the essentials

Picked up new belts, waterpump and seals from toyota, when we stripped it off though the pump and belt on it looked pretty fresh so might be an indication that the k's are in the low 100's.....hopefully ha.

the clutch was still factory but will be getting swapped for an exedy.....on the works account and then dodge the invoice for as long as possible is the plan.

km7b.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

Also have the front sump to put on which means I'll have a rear sump available if anyone is in need of one? 

So the plan is to get the 1g poo out hopefully this weekend depending on my helpers schedule lol 

if anyone needs 1geu bits (unlikely I know) get in touch. Of more interest probably will be the w55 so PM me if your after anything.

random pic of one of its rare outings

qonl.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Alright so there has been a step in the right direction......1geu OUT! 1jzgte IN!

j8oz.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

739x.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

sbs3.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

This appeared to be the easy part as I realised I now have shitloads of stuff to sort out like-

-Find and fit a power steering pump and hook it up (motor didnt have one)

-Sort the oil return out as one of the outlets is all up the shit since I changed the sump, I have it off getting slightly modded as we speak so the hoses can be connected.

-Fit intercooler and radiator etc

-Sort out the fuel delivery ( have a walbro intank pump )

-Wiring....somewhere in the distance

heaps more that i'll discover along the way.

also was wondering what this braided line ran to from the top radiator hose? The other piece in the pic is the end of it...any ideas?

mivb.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

0svt.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

50ay.jpgUploaded with [url=http://imageshack.com]ImageShack.com[/url

might of sold our house so hoping to slip a new trd lsd onto the list of things this needs...haha

thats all for now

• Like 6

• 1 year later...

Well consistency seems to be the key on this project as progress is slow going

A few things have been crossed of the list and a few snags encountered

I ended up selling the ssr mesh wheels to help fund more vital components like clutch, ecu, fuel pump, bigger injectors, intercooler piping etc. And I wanted to go down a size to 14's and couldnt help myself and ended up buying some more wheels as well

IMAG0087.jpg

Gearbox and clutch went in no worries apart from me leaving the crossmember at home so a temporary one was issued

IMAG0113.jpg

I pulled the inside headlights out to fit intercooler piping and will make up some covers, at this stage its getting prepped for some track amateur drift action but I have smaller hideable intercooler for when I go legit.

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0213.jpg

One of the issues I encountered was/is the driveshaft. The yoke is different so I got correct yoke and the universals are pretty old and flogged so took it to get yoke swapped and new unis and was quoted $630 by ADL. Was more than I had at the time so Im sitting on that and hoping for recomendations from people in the know for a good crowd to deal with in auckland that might be a bit sharper on price.

So I still have a few vacuum and water lines to figure out, power steering lines, exhaust and wiring......oh and driveshaft

• Like 7

• 7 months later...

Been awhile but things have been done since last update.

Got driveshaft sorted, went to drive in and what a good crowd to deal with. For the same price as ADL they pretty much remade the drive shaft using v8 universals and the front half of a jzx90 shaft. It's stronger and probably for the first time since I owned it balanced haha.

I also put smaller Intercooler in and put headlights/ front end together.

IMAG0471.jpg

Got wiring done....went for a drive...didn't latch bonnet and it flew up bending the corners, I'm lucky the hinges are so beasty..Got off pretty lightly.

Got mail order wof and drove around abit. So happy with performance of the factory 1j compared to what it was...next is some track fun then once my shed is built will tidy everything up over winter including rust and possibly a color change come next summer.

IMAG0789.jpg

Pretty poo update but will include better photos and videos next time

• Like 4