Bisky's KE 70 Build

Bisky Risness

Hey guys,

So new to the forum, joined as I am building up a fairly nice KE70 for a mate and thought I could share some of the fun :P

So, here is the build to date...

KE70 four door sedan, original poo brown colour.

Engine is a S2 High comp block, with the bigport head, mild cam, dynoed at 162kw.

Injection is sidedraft dellorto's :) with a redline manifold and thermal spacers.

Tuned by me :D

For the crossmember I removed the steering rack mounts off the KE70 crossmember and stitched it onto the 'other' (can't remember what it was out of !) crossmember.

we then sandblasted the whole crossmember and reinforced it in a few places, then got it coated in POR15.

For the suspension I went with AE86 BC Gold with the spindles. The reason for this is that you only have to modify ONE bolt to get them to fit. Its one on the camber plate, simply smack it out with a hammer, TIG weld the hole up and then redrill it 10mm to the side.

Brakes, I've got the AJPS RX7 adapter plate on the plane as we speak, the rotor part number (which is nowhere to be found on the net making the whole ordeal annoying) is DF3021, they are off an EG civic and measure 262x21. Zonelli is making me a custom set with slots and drills in the correct bolt spacing for two hundred dollars a pair.

Pads will be EBC green stuff.

Oh yeah T3 RCA's are on the way from the states.

Ummm, oh yeh, AE86 rear diff with TRD LSD, standard brakes in the back with EBC pads.

Going to get it all together, then pull it all back out and get the car bare metal stripped and painted.

Will get photos ASAP

If you guys are doing anything similar or want more details on the work I have done hit me up ! I'm a qualified mechanic so will be lurking the tech forums alot. Happy to do walkthroughs etc !

So yeh, nice to meet ya'll :bounce:

So far the issues I have hit is

Handbrake cable length, I'm trying to get around this with a donor cable, otherwise it's really cheap to get one relengthed. not a major at all, just I'm spending up large and so would like to sort this on the cheap if poss.

AJPS - slow shipping time dudes ! ordered nigh on two weeks ago, still not sent...

Rotors, apparently the rotor manufacturers don't make the top hat surface very accurately, ie the bottom face "what its sposed to mount on" is done to 0.01mm tolerance, whilst the top side is done to 1% tolerance. As in my setup I will be reverse mounting the rotors, this could be an issue. I'm not convinced though, having never heard of such a problem. And wouldn't a 1% tolerance transmit through the wheels and by the magic of leverage be significant enough to cause wobbles in day to day rotor changes ??

In 7 years of mechanicing I've never once had a balance issue relate to the brakes, or vice versa.

Main hold up on this job has been people offering "advice", "my mate did it this way" blah blah blah

Ah well, she sits there in the garage till the adapters arrive...

I've had to push the finish date past this year, and the owner is gutted as fuck. AJPS, I really hope your adapters are mint as all hell, the hold up has cost me a fair amount of face...

Meanwhile, I am going to flatten the firewall

Owner hasn't asked for it, but it's a freebie as he is a mate and I feel stink he can't do a cruise in it this year..

will post pics tmrw i hopefully (stoner memory) promise

• 3 weeks later...