Benji's 1984 gx71 mark 2.

benjike70

Purchased this a while back from Sam on the shore.Since then I have proceeded to buying 2 1gge's and a near complete celica supra 1ggte engine bay minus long block.Plan is to build a "+T" while I save for some turbo or gze pistons and head etc.Progress has been very slow but i am getting my ass in to gear and car is currently getting panel beated.Was quite rusty around rear screen,petrol flap,guards boot and bonnet.

Currently sporting a oil fountain 1geu W57 Box and open diff f series rear.

So heres a quick plan for the meantime.

1ggte

Altezza Torsen LSD

Decent clutch of course and a few easy bolt ons.

Decent exhaust system.

Repaint factory colours again.

at least get some 14x8's all up on that.

discussion thread here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=29167

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry,boring pictureless update homies.

Righto,well after nearly a year! of rust removal and panel from a panel beater mate while I lived in Wellingtron it looks like ill be getting her back within the week.

Went around and had a look at the work and its good to see all of the rust below rear screen,on bonnet and boot edges has all been patched FINALLY and someones nasty bog ejaculation throughout the car has been removed.Now just waiting on the rear guards to be sorted.Cant wait to get back to work on this beasty.Oh if anyone has an mx or gx front lip laying around,I will buy :),have tried all the local wreckers and all of the lips are buggered argh.