1982 Toyota Corona Mark II Grande GX61 Project.

Chuffaneilious

I own a GX61 (Twin headlight version) it is currently stock standard but I intend to it the way I want. But I will be Sacking it on its ass (so it will be super low), I will just keep the standard the 1g-e engine because original 1g-eu engine craped out just like every other 1G-EU ive heard of.

The pics are before it will be modified. Will update regularly once started my project.

sspx1129.jpg

Looks too high at the moment.

sspx3135.jpg

sspx3136.jpg

sspx3137o.jpg

Old original interior, feels like a old ladys couch. Will be fitting a custom gearknob and smoked gauges too.

sspx3138.jpg

I replaced the original 1G-EU with a 1G-E. The 1G-EU burst a front crank seal and was using more oil ever week than petrol. The new one runs really good and uses not a lot of oil surprisingly.

sspx3139.jpg

• 5 months later...

Looking at some pictures my brother showed me of sticker bombing and thought, What the hell why not, I could do that. And the following pictures show how week after week the stickers started to amount.

Week one. weekone.jpg

Week Two. weektwo.jpg

Week Three. weekthree.jpg

I love dirt jump and mountain biking and my brother buys the books and gave me the get free stickers so I decided to skicker bomb the rear left window with them. The following pictures are of how it turned out.

weekthreetheotherwindow.jpg

Stereo wise I got some Kenwood 6x9's under the rear parcel try and a Kenwood head unit off my brother and that goes hard playing the mean DubStep. I'm going to buy two more to put on the front doors also.

I got a battery box off him also and all I need is some 4-gauge wire and the needed components and that will be sorted.

photo0308z.jpg

Thats all for this update I'm off to polytech.

• 2 months later...

Lastest update been a while so i surpose i better do something.

I have got rid of all the stickers apart from one new one on the rear window in the corner, got some 6-inch speakers for the front and geting a new head unit because the one i had in it has baked itself and doesnt seem to want to play CD's anymore.

Got a 1G-GE off Rick (TMC-ke70) for $300 He had completely re-placed all the gaskets and gave it a cam grind i think. Shes a bute and will look good sitting in between the struts of my GX61 with a Individual Throttle Body set-up on the side and a set of equal lenght headers (2JZ ones made to suit, Easy as, though others on here will disagree).

The next upgrades to come are a W55 gearbox, new clutch and lightened flywheel, Clutch pedal, Boso/Dildo Gear knob, to get a exhaust manifold gasket cut out, to start work on the exhaust manifold adjusting.

More updates and pics to come.

• 2 weeks later...

lately ive been just mucking round with the engine trying to figure out if the headers will have enough clearence when fiited and if il have to adjust them even more than planed , They dont appear to be that hard to make fit the 1GGE apart from cutting the flange off, heating cutting and also bending them to fit the 1GGE exhaust gasket.

Ive also be cutting, grinding and general shaping some 2-inch stainless tube to make a boso pipe that I will hopefully have welded up fitted by friday and il also make another Boso hanger/ring that was stolen by some sad sack on a late friday night a few weeks back.

Im currently waiting on the RB26 ITB gasket to be cut out and then ill get the ITB's off my brother and get another intake manifold and cut and shape that one to fit the ITB's on it. then il get an aftermarket version of the standard ITB manifold and run the air flow metre and a Greddy E-manage to run the whole set-up.

Getting some TEQ (to-yo-da) Stickers to sticker bomb the firtherest rear side windows and one corner of the rear window. Im in the process of making a stainless boso pipe at work. I had the idea of painting a offset rising sun on the bonnet and mounting the oil cooler in the inside of the sun and powder coating the oil cooler red to match the red of the sun. Il buy another bonnet and see what it looks like before i put it on the car. Hope it looks good.

Made the boso pipe, its taken awhile but its finaly done. I welded it up myself shes not the best but for the first every time TIGing stainless its not half bad. Fitting it on saterday, because my brothers got the car at the moment. Im making a roof rack soon that will have the bed type mesh for the bottem, and 25mm diametre tube bent and shaped to suit, Il paint it blue the same as the wheels.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

SOooooooo.

Lately ive been working on the 1GGE+T and getting it preped and painted for a while now. Mucking round doing very little on it so progress has been slow, Looks pretty mean if ya ask me blue and silver.

Im in the process of getting all the rest of the parts. Getting the turbo manifold sent on monday so i should see it on thursday or friday.

Getting the Turbo and Turbo beanie, Intercooler, Silicon joiners and reducers, piping and other bits and bobs as well soon as possilbe or aslong as my money lasts.

Cars going to be have the rego put on hold in 4 months so il have 6 months to get it in and running.

Heres some pics of it.

1g5o5o2j.3p3.jpg

All Comments welcome.

Cheers.

So i put new studs on the exhaust side and as i was doing that, I didnt realise how superstrong i am and it snaped the thread ao the head at the very last one away from the cam gears, Pretty gutted but oh well, gota make do with what you got. Manifold should be here Tomorrw hopefully so I can mount her ut and see how it looks, Getting T3T4 soonish.

27mm wheel spacers are on the way so il psot some picks of how stanced it is, (Just used the word stance cos i know everyone loves it) Hahaha.

Pics soon. (Hopefully)

Got the turbo manifold today!!!!! Looks so dope, with the Genuine Tial wastegate and screamer pipe. Its made From seamless steampipe all TIGed up. Alittle over built and over the top for what im doing with it. Looks so dope though. Heres some pics.

uqr15gvg.on3.jpg

zue0aj1p.jzb.jpg

muclbr2g.dlb.jpg

qlwpvmqd.jww.jpg

The turbos going to have to have a 90 degree on it so it doesnt interfair with the distributor Haha. So I may weld a 60 Degree alloy bend on it. Who knows what will happen haha.

Hopefully next post will be of it with the wheelspacers on or with a turbo on it.

Cheers.

• Like 1

So i got the 27mm wheelspacers, lets just say they have a hard time rotating the wheels. Lol. Fronts are to non-cambered so wheels dont fit in the guards, But backs are mean, Though you carnt fit a drivers licence or even paper between the tyre and guard. Haha. Its not rolling on them at the moment cos in not a fan of destrided tyres ae. Pics up.

r3zmwyct.ilr.jpg[/url]

2li2izdc.5w3.jpg

More pics up soon, Computers being a mungral. haha.

• 3 weeks later...

MY CARS DEAD!!!!!!!!! went to go to the NZPC hardpark in it, Had a big rush to get the wheel spacers to fit and have no rub so that was allgood and got it sorted and going fine.

So we set off from home, and got about 20km and started to hear a HORRID sound, so i thought that i should pull over, So i did and looked around the engine, and it didnt look good. think it was the tapets and the big end bearing that have stuffed up Luckly we stoped right oppisit a Undercover cop and he drove on. so i decided to go back home and not risk it ended up geting the car 100m from home half way up a hill. So me my brother and sister pushed it to 3/4 up the hill. Glanced at the dash and the water temp gauge was in the red. OOOOppppssss.

Had some powerade in the car so i tryed to cool down the block and raitator and that "KIND OF" worked, anyway got it started and got home and the it finally gave up the ghost and is now sitting in our yard dead. So il push it into the shed and start pulling it apart to get the engine conversion underway.

LOL. Oh well......... One good thing to come from it. (I spoze)

• 1 month later...
Guest Chuffaneilious

Finally after me prolonging pulling the engine out I did so last night at about 9:00 last night, Toke me 3 hours (On my own of course) but its finally out and the car and screwed-Engine/Gearbox are now separated so i can start to scuff the engine bay with sandpaper after its degreased and work should stast from there.

Wish me luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chuffaneilious

So latest update I have bought shit loads of parts, another loom Uncut this time. Parts ive got since last update: 1ggte intake manifold, ECU, afm, rocker covers (wont be using though), steel head gasket, standard intake side of the 1ggte intercooler piping (Wont be using cos new round piing looks way better), TRD Heavy duty pressure plate, Exedy heavy duty pressure plate, custom oil catch can (Now mounted to the Intake manifold) with sexy blue hose and fittings. Heaps more but carnt recall at the moment. Of well.....

Guest Chuffaneilious

Im painting my engine bay a different colour to the rest of the car, Please give me some suggestions, I carnt decide on a colour.

Guest Chuffaneilious

Sooo. Started to strip the 1gge down to bear block (nearly), so ill be taking it to work to do some steamcleaning and degreasing, and then get it sandblasted and paint. get the bores cleaned up and then start putting it back together. With better shit in it. Thinking of making a custom alloy sump with better baffles in it. then ill start making room for the intercooler and alloy radiator. and then get the oil coolers and braided lines. carnt wait!!!

Guest Chuffaneilious

Ive been looking on the web for 1GGTE intercooler piping, Though there are very few pics I found this and im keen to do this. z0doijm4.2vv.jpg

Looks pretty dope so im thinking il be doing this with mine. Not a big fan of the turbo intake pipe being bend and distorted. but each to there own I spoze. Il do it differently though. Thinking of doing it with mild steel (cos cheaper) and il have a special plain for it (Carnt tell ya though) HEHE.