LWL1FEs GX60 crusteater

LWL1FE

Long time stalker, first time poster, please don't judge it as just another p.o.s flat peaker/knuckle draggers black cressida. Was pretty much that way when i got it.

Closest pic i have to how i got it. Had standard rims/balloons, bit of nosebleed stance and hideous intercooler plumbing.

Basically bought it with a certed 1ggte, manual, locked diff, cut springs, and no wof for 4 years.

phone183.jpg

then some trailer rims and had a go at widening my own steels to 14x9, and stretching on some 175/65's.

14x9.jpg

284197_194809303909142_100001402213538_570799_3092731_n.jpg

then this weekend i finished making my 15x11's (originally 12's but tyres were going to be too pricey) and fitted 205/55's, rolled guards

phone173.jpg

phone181.jpg

and then the victory pipes after that and this is pretty much where im at, after a string of problems and pretty much replacing everything to get it legal and running mint/less spun bearing

phone184.jpg

phone176.jpg

Plans are to find some silvia adjustables and get the handling set up for a laggy and overall dissapointing track day. If a decent donor turns up i'll do the whole sharknose, racing colours thing but for the time being i'm going for a patina shakotan ladyboy look. Excuse shitty photos and feel free to comment/start discussion thread it yall feel the need

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ALMOST got kicked back a page.

New bumper and picked up an oil cooler with some copper lines from my brothers still (joins will be welded soon)

Photo0053.jpg

Not sure if i should paint the cooler silver and also if i should polish the copper. Suggestions/vote?

Put on the bonnet from the donor. Needs more rust but the paint itself is pretty rightous

Photo0052-1.jpg

Photo0050.jpg

Boot is in similar but awesomer condition so that will go on soon.

Also got a gay steering wheel but it feels like i'm driving a go kart so it can stay for now

Photo0054.jpg

• 5 months later...

Long time not much has happened. Had a go at some door art and painted centres red-

phone179-1.jpg

Made coilovers as per tutorial but with sw20 inserts

P1000012.jpg

still needs more low, i'm running them just uncaptive but any lower and the rims will touch the adjusting nut. Time for new rims methinks.

Also ditched poverty 175's in favour of 195/55's with actual tread left

P1000010.jpg

I've had a few of these so time for lieace f-series with lsd (when i can actually find one)

DSCF3544.jpg

It's wof time and she's pretty well ready but wouldn't mind ditching the locker instead of pressuring my wof guy. PM me if you have an e-series live axle head for sale

• 5 months later...

Been a while and not much has happened. Have made camber plates so atleast there is progress

Photo020.jpg

While i was there i put in some x7 knuckles

Photo022.jpg

also did a gymkhana type thing but had to keep sideways action to boring specs

207454_421716537864500_360100892_n.jpg

mates gem

549660_421716621197825_1104722649_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've never been happy with the front mount. The piping was too big and was jammed up against the battery and lights aswell as the intercooler being jammed against the bumper and having next to no airflow. Decided best option was one of these-

P1000163.jpg

Water-air cooler. I spent today dummying it up and ended up cutting and turning the cold pipe which will get welded monday-ish

P1000162.jpg

P1000161.jpg

Not too keen on how bling the engine bay is looking. Getting the right joiners in flat black is a bit difficult so will run red/blue silicone which i get cheap through work. May try painting silicone with appropriate paint (input please?)

Also tried to make the paint look weathered by sanding it. Pretty happy tbh.

P1000159.jpg

Next up is diff swap... :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Not much happening sadly due to still not having a shed built but I have made new rims. Widened steel rims with flanges welded in and centres from some 2 piece rims I have.

15x10 -20, I built them with the intention of redrilling them to 5 stud to share with my s13 but the offset still worked out pretty good for the crusty.

Currently has 195 50s all round but really needs 45 on the front and 55 at the back and then lowered another inch at the rear.

3.jpg

14.jpg

Also the wifey went to visit her parents old farm and discovered this gem in the neighbours paddock

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

Its a manual SX70 cresta with 147ks and it used to belong to her mum. The reason it was parked in the neighbours paddock? A cracked windscreen! FML.

It's way too far gone to save, especially being super base model even though its a cresta.

Anyway we had to take it home regardless (note other cool wrecks)

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

th_IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

Plus sides are W55, Fender mirrors (unsure about condition till gaurds come off to check anchors), double headlight front end, and, for me anyway, a live axle e-series diff which means 2 extra axles incase I pop another one and more importantly a open diff head so I can finally get the crusty a wof!

At this stage the cresta will probably be parted out so if your interested in anything pm me. The gearbox is being put aside for my starlet but the 1S bellhousing and other manual parts are up for grabs aswell as everything else. Obviously anything that's a steel panel comes with free rust

• Like 2