Rebel County's Super Carry

So I bought the Recaro EVO III seats ($450), it's gonna be a tight fit and will have to muck around to fit on the rails but fingers crossed. If it's gonna be too much trouble I'll sell them on but hopefully not. They are in very good nick (being in storage for a few years) a good clean and they will be the berries!! :)

DSCF3800.jpg

DSCF3801.jpg

DSCF3802.jpg

DSCF3803.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So, I finally got the seats installed and they look savage and are very comfy. Got my mechanic to help me, twas tight enough but managed to bolt them on. He grinded off the rail on the drivers seat. There is one or two gaps where it's not 100% sealed. I can hear the engine but it's not too bad. Must give them a quick clean next.

DSCF3856.jpg

DSCF3860.jpg

DSCF3875.jpg

DSCF3858.jpg

DSCF3859.jpg

DSCF3857.jpg

Spray painted the door panels dark grey with vinyl spray, can out really well. Tis a alot better than the sh*tty brown colour and it matches the seats! :) Also, spray painted the centre console and steering surround. Came out well. The dash will be next to spray paint.

DSCF3864.jpg

DSCF3865.jpg

DSCF3863.jpg

DSCF3862.jpg

DSCF3867.jpg

Bought Xenon HID Headlights off Ebay, received them yesterday, only took 4 days to get here from Hong Kong. The lad selling them said it would take about 2 weeks!!

I haven't driven with them yet but looking forward to it. They give off alot of heat, will they over heat?

When I took out the lights I had a loose cable with a female connector on both lamps, are they for the sidelights?

Going to buy clear indicators so won't have the amber one. Bought LED bulbs off Ebay for them too.

DSCF3870.jpg

• 2 months later...

Right so! Finally got around to taking a few photos and writing a description.

I failed the W.O.F. for rust on the right front pillar, the pillar with the aerial and the top hinge of the driver's door.

The mechanic fixed it all and came out well.

IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

IMAG0195.jpg

Replaced the worn idler bush with a brand new one. A real noticable difference in the handling.

IMAG0210.jpg

He adjusted and cleaned the handbrake. Adjusted rear brakes, replaced rack boots.

Replaced all the spark plugs, did an engine flush, engine oil change, replaced oil filter, replaced rocket cover gasket and fuel filter carb.

Replaced points, condenser and dist rotor. Steamed clean engine bay.

IMAG0199.jpg

IMAG0198.jpg

For the back of the van he had to order a rear seat lock from Japan.

For the back floor, the surface rust was treated and resprayed. Where the mounting holes were for the rear seat rust was showing up so the rust was cut out and steel plates were welded and painted.

I decided to go with carpet underlay and industrial carpet fot the front and back, came out very nice and makes the inside look very clean. The two metal strips at the sliding doors were in bits so he made up metal angle strips and put one at the rear so to hold down the carpet.

Must get rubber mats at the weekend to keep the carpet clean.

IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

Got the rear bullbar handles removed.

IMAG0211.jpg

The van is 100% better after the full service and with the underlay and carpet in the noice in the van and decreased. Starts first pop, handles like a race car and sounds lovely! :)

IMAG0191.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

Wellington in the background :)

• 5 months later...