MonsterZeus's Leyland Mini

Just got this back from my unlces farm after abandoning it for Oz.

P4160336.jpg

P4160337.jpg

P4160338.jpg

P4160341.jpg

First thing was getting it to my house. L200 is not the best towing vehicle when your trailer weighs as much as a Hirepool one and you have just put stupidly big 4x4 wheels on for coolness(totally geared it up so made start offs very difficult) and hills to tackle.

P4160329.jpg

Foolishly let registration lapse so am gonna take my time and make it something special.

This is the mess the previous 'tenants' left in the boot.

P4160342.jpg

Came with about 1/4 tonne of rat shit and nests from being parked in the bushes at a farm so first job was taking out piss stained carpets and giving it a good wash to remove plants/moss/shrubs growing on it. Looks shiny when washed but that's just the water.

Definitely in need of minor panel work and painting. Body is surprisingly 95% rust free considering where it's been parked for two years.

Actually got this off my brother and he put twin carbs and oldschool stickers on and did some work on it so now it's my turn.

Charging battery tonight to see if it'll start. Needs new fuel hoses, brakes put back in, and drivers window replaced but have all these bits so just need time and sunshine