Jurassic Auto's V8 82 HR30 Skyline

Discussion > viewtopic.php?f=18&t=26344

Here's another 8) project that I happened across on trademe.

v8r30.jpg

By jurassic_auto

v8r30a.jpg

By jurassic_auto

Ive been toying with this Idea for sometime now and this just happened to crop up on trademe 1 day.

The guy I bought this of has already had this running with a P76 Alloy V8 in it and reckoned it went really well. :badgrin:

v8r30b.jpg

By jurassic_auto at 2011-04-24

I'm not that keen on hybrids of any sort, so Im intending to fit a VH45DE into the engine bay and maybe turbo it at a later date with a Garrett GT45.

rearviewd.jpg

By jurassic_auto

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Update#1

Well guys after having this sitting around for awhile now I finally got it of My mums lawn and into the workshop for some well overdue attention the plan is to get it to look a little like the pre facelift version of the Tomica R30 Super Silhouette formula series in 1982 & 1983

tomicaskylinedr30supers.jpg

So I have started to fabricate the widebody guards that made it a force to be recond with for so long

dscf1077k.jpg

dscf1078f.jpg

dscf1079b.jpg

dscf1080wr.jpg

dscf1081hl.jpg

These will be used (when finished) as the plugs for a number of fibre glass molds for the full blown body kit so that the finished article doesn't out weigh the Queen Mary

Update#2

Here's the next picture

dscf1094b.jpg

have done more since this but don't have pics of it yet 1 main difference between mine and the Tomica R30 is that their's is around 200-250mm longer in the back end which to me just looks wrong!!

33022834093513259833128.jpg

I guess if it just dont look right when its finished I can always extend it

• 3 weeks later...

Update #3

Here's what I've been uptosince I went back to Tech on Monday

dscf1127p.jpg

dscf1128j.jpg

dscf1129q.jpg

dscf1130ia.jpg

dscf1131i.jpg

dscf1132k.jpg

dscf1133u.jpg

Should have this side sorted by the end of the day tomorrow then I need to bend up the rear panel and work my way bacK around to the front, Or I may fold up the rear panel then go straight around to the front and work on the splitter