Kirk28's Datsun 260c 330 Wagon + sedan

kirk28

Kiwi here living in Australia, and this is not quite mine.....yet. I have a holding deposit on the wagon, and am going back to see the sedan this weekend.I am in Sydney and the car is down in Tasmania...which is some way from me. One previous owner (old guy who bought it new in '76)..was professionally repainted about 5 years ago...as you can see it's very straight and original. Has the nice black cloth interior just clicked over 100,000km, 4speed manual. 330 wagons have come up for sale here in Oz before (as well as 2 door coupes) but they tend to be in very rough condition..this is in extroadinary condition in comparison.

Being the earlier 260c it's got the uglier early version grille. (easily replaced with the better looking grille from the 280c 330). Also misses out on the electric windows (has electric rear cargo side window though) Power steering and also a necessity here in Australia Air con. The other omission is of course the rear dicky seats. The even rarer 280c estate came with wooden trim on the tailgate, and I believe power steering. They also came with twin rear wipers.

Has only a few spots (literally) of rust coming through (roughly 3cm diameter) and the drivers seat side has a small tear, and the dash top has a crack.. otherwise the interior is immaculate. As much as I'd love the idea of holding onto this beast and crusin it, it's not that feasible right now (space limitations and a partner who isn't that understanding!).So if I can't hold on to it I don't want it falling into the wrong hands. It may transpire that I'd have to sell the wagon on depending on if I can get reasonably priced storage here in the city. The other alternative is sending it home..have to investigate more into that.

I have also come across a 76 sedan (same colour) with an immaculate interior (including the drivers seat) with power steer, air con and elec windows..the car again is a one owner with 103,000km...apparently far too good to wreck but if I bought the wagon then I would probably grab the sedan (which is dirt cheap) and transplant bits over..or the alternative is to buy the sedan which is much closer, and wouldn't incurr the cost of re-rego for another state and of course the transport costs!

Anyway

here's pics, enjoy...

Muohd.jpg

EgjRO.jpg

RBbjX.jpg

jZuSi.jpg

FKTCI.jpg

46m0C.png

qBdyN.png

2Ptau.jpg

Here's pics of the sedan..front seats always covered in sheepskins..back seats never sat in..87 year old female driver can't drive no more..pics are from my phone so not so good...has never had hubcaps, apparently the car was an ex demo model, and she got it for $2000 less from the dealer over the normal new price quote "I liked the car so I bought it, hub caps or no hub caps, they don't make the car drive any better" asked why she held on to the car so long " I liked the car and it still works so I didn't need another"..legend.

eG6zJ.jpg

WpGep.jpg

F65Bg.jpg