Speedfreak1's 1967 ford/holden anglia

speedfreak1

Hey guys,

Discussion for project: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25277

Posted on here ages ago, but have since finished the project, first a couple of photos as it started

angliawithwheelsinplace.jpg

DSCF4849.jpg

it has ended up with holden VP running gear, 3.8 series 2 ex cop engine with turbo 700 trans, holden subframe bolted to anglia bodyshell, moved firewall back about 6 inchs, complete new trans tunnel with removeable panels, holden VN diff (3.08 ratio) LSD, VP Struts with 2 inch spacers in the front, anglia leaf with "homemade" coil overs(gas munroe shock with alto springs and whole bunch of pipe/nuts/metal to make it all work) rear end, custom 1 piece driveshaft, half cage, exhaust with single mufler exiting out rear screen, reverse boosted brakes out of VP(not alot of room so ended up out the bonnet....) VP radiator stuffed in the front with catch bottle in the passengers wing, VP more or less complete loom, VP fuel tank in boot.

and now finished out racing it;

Plus a video of it on Youtube;

DSCF6869.jpg

DSCF6871.jpg

DSCF6879.jpg

DSCF6904.jpg

DSCF6909.jpg

Lining up for the ditch run, awesome camber going on!

DSCF6913.jpg

Hmm, LSD not as tight as I expected, time to pull it out and chuck a locked one in!

DSCF6917.jpg

Better half driving, almost got out too!

DSCF6919.jpg

Update for Low and Slow re running gear etc

Started the project with idea of putting a 1600 in, soon escalated, had and engine sitting there, quick measure of the engine. quick measure of the anglia. Hmm thats close...ish.

DSCF4793.jpg

Picking the anglia up, somewhere between chch and Hanmer. no rear springs, everything sezied

DSCF4822.jpg

VP subframe in, extra bracing to stock mounts and such

DSCF4825.jpg

Steering in pre big engine hack and slash

DSCF4851.jpg

and big engine hack and slash

DSCF4854.jpg

Trans in, hmm, these commodore engines are quite big.....

DSCF4859.jpg

Framing round trans - making removeable panels for service

DSCF4897.jpg

Firewall in

DSCF4901.jpg

in side, top panels made, plus wiring(the first time arround) in

DSCF5420-1.jpg

not alot of room under engine bay, these are older photos- will upload newer engine bay pics later on

DSCF5418.jpg

where else would you put the exhaust?

Just a quick explaination of what happened, pretty much got it to this point, had it running briefly then things turned to custard.

couldnt get engine to run, cough, spluter, back fire, all sorts of crap. spent hours and hours trying to work out what was wrong. after a ton of time gave up and decided to put new running gear in. there were i few things i wasnt 100% happy with and gave me a chance to redo properly.

brought an ex cop VP for $250, pulled all the old motor out of the anglia, and old diff, rebuilt braking system with reverse booster, built front so i can put radiator in there, plus nice bit of box as lowest point, built front tow point, put seats in, put new motor and trans in, new loom, new and tidied a few things from previous install. switches in plus half cage. was a busy month.

new wheels plus new arches(44 gallon drum cut up)and new VP diff rather than the VH 4 cylinder i had in there( had been using that one for the ratio 3.9, but after racing a VN at crossed up i decided 3.08 would be more than enough, also the time i decided boosted brakes would be a good idea.....) 16inch BMW rims with centers flipped round in the garage.