hops! 84 Isuzu Piazza

hop

Hey there havnt really posted up on here before but have seen alot of amazing stuff on here!

A while ago this thing came up on the side of the road and I was feeling lucky! Having never owned a RWD car with

5 speeds I was as eager as anything to get her home and take a chance. I didnt even really know that isuzu made cars!

DSC00707.jpg

With 250k on the clock the g200 still went strong and the gears were smooth!

Stock as rock engine bay!

DSC00708.jpg

I ran it around for a bit, got a manual and did a few things to get my knowledge up (first project car).

The shape still seems unusual to me but from some angles I think its right on the money!

DSC00719.jpg

Its obveious the paint has been done recently and I quite like the colour scheme!

Very little rust in it aswell

So I got the engine going a bit better but its been a hard life for this one, have done a couple of motorkhanas (starlets thrashed me!) in it and was even good to me for a month when I used it to get to work travelling 80k a day.

However after seeing what can be potentially done im keen to get a alot from this one!

Preped engine for removal

DSC00839.jpg

The engine bay on this thing is huge! If you look aboce you will see the rads atleast 400 back from bumper

Rigged up

DSC00845.jpg

On its way out

DSC00846.jpg

SO this is about as far as iv gotten. I have a 4ZE1 here with RWD sump from 4ZC1-T.

The 4z is carbed but I have had no luck getting it to fire as of yet.

The starter also has a hard time turning engine (It sat for a long time)

On my to do list is;

*Get a running 4ze1 and stick it in (Isuzu trooper, rodeo)

*Lower drastically (I hear gemini suspension and springs can do the job)

*Fill those guards up with something nicer than the tik tak

*retro sound system

Cheers for checking it out!

If you enjoy toyota goodness check my uncles 78 Corona! Very clean untouched example!

http://www.japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8694&highlight=

Just some extras I didnt put up initially

2.6 that inspired this madness next to its bro the 2.0

Not sure if this one is any good. Sat for 4-5 years.

DSC00873.jpg

DSC00872.jpg

And ofcourse the unusual "Pod" setup for the driver.

DSC00874.jpg

Under the tach is Volts / Temp / Fuel level / Oil pressure in kg/cm2

The sliders on the right pod control the light level of pods and behind tach

Both pods are on a adjustable pivot.

Takes a while to get used to it but you can do pretty much everything with one finger while keeping hands on wheel

• 3 months later...

Finally got stuck in with the suspension

Got the rear on bumps and sorting out the front first so I can get it level.

What a mish to get the front springs out!

JUst a couple of pics of how id like it to look when its done.

DSC01013.jpg

Been busy lately but should get it back on the ground soon.

• 6 months later...

DSC01092.JPG

DSC01093.JPG

Been a while but iv been mucking round a bit.

*Pulled all interior to clean and wash carpets.

*Sound deadened most panels and redid floor deadening

*6" Component speakers in front, 6" in back 75wrms each + 12" sub

*Pull AC crap that didnt work and clean Heaterboxes

*Gemini monroe shocks and lovells springs in front. Lowest bit at 120mm (without engine)

*Rear is cut and need to sort the shocks

*New steering rack bushes

*New tierod ends

*New RH Upper and lower balljoin

need to sus the engine, head has warped a bit I think. Where can I take it in Hamilton?

The 4ze1 doesnt fit very well. Guna rock the the g200 till i know what im doing / money

Cheers

Ok so iv got alot of time on my hands atm

Decided that this has to be done.

DSC01098.JPG

Using g200 mounts and a 4zc1 (turbo) sump I can get the 4ze1 to sit pretty well,

DSC01099.JPG

If you have a look up the page it sits in almost exactly the same place but the deck height is higher.

I will need a custom plenum by the looks of it.

DSC01100.JPG

The bottom water hardline is fouling on the crossmember but thats the only prob this side.

On the other side my mount is fouling the oil filter and beause the dizzy is at the back of the head on the intake side it will be a tight fit too.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Right bout time I update, sorry for large images my usual upload is not working atm

DSC01148.jpg

Got the engine to work with the 4zc1 sump. 4jb1 gasket is what I used I think

I have the 4Ze1 mounted and attached to the 5 speed. I was suprised that the flywheel cleared as it is significantly bigger than the g200 equiv. Everything bolts up as if it was a g series. Lets see how strong this pup is.

Engine is sitting in the exact same place as the g200 however the 4z is a shorter motor and sits further into the engine bay.

Issues

DSC01151.jpg

Dizzy is in a different spot and is fouling where the heater lines come through firewall. Id like to keep the heater. One line is copper and can be detached from behind the firewall so this is no problem however the 2nd line is plastic and seems to be a part of the heater box itself.

If I cut the plastic back is there a way I can flare it again?

Power steering pump is on the other side on 4z. Will need custom line made up for the high pressure flow.

Water outlet on the manifold fouls the master cyl just enough that I will not be able to get the hose over it. Could it be a as simple as heating and bending out?

Waterpump hardline fouls everything! Will need a new one made up to go from the block to radiator bottom.