-mint series 5 block

-low km series 6 housings

-3000km on rebuild

-mint series 5 gearbox

-Microtech LT10s & x4

-mint series 5 turbo with custom steam pipe exh manifold

-all alloy on motor is polished minus inlet manifold

-polished bellhousing

-front mount intercooler (fits behind grille-just!)

-550cc injectors

-series6 rx7 fuel tank and pump

-semi de-loomed engine bay

-side mounted motor straight to factory crossmember- fc3s style (not mounted on front cover)

series 5 front struts & 5 stud hubs with 4pot calipers, custom adjustable lower arms

short monroe gas shocks in rear with lower springs (nice n firm)

driveshaft loop

standard diff (locked)

62eb.jpg

Long story short, I swapped my mint e39a VR4 for this pig of a car...Dont get me wrong, I love it to bits, and its friken mental...but like most rota's, its a pig to drive.haha

In the middle of doing some stuff for cert, then i can lay some meke skidz somewhere near you.

more to come when stuff happens etc

small vid,

guy mucking around the TB was checking for leaks

...TBH i thought he was tryna tutu with the throttle haha, looks cabbage as

Laters

>discussion

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=24090

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

previous owner had an idea to cut out the tail light housing thingys (where the lights bolt to the car) to retro fit a smaller set of lights in an attempt to further shave the ass end.... in return it looked shit.

So ive been on a quest to rectify this.

Bit the bullet, cut the whole lot out, folded up some panels that match the genuine light shape, and have welded them in solid...

Just needs a bit of poo to smooth it out a bit, wait for my twin round RX2 lights to turn up and voila!

should look different imo...

48121480.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

63557651.jpg

sorry for crap pics

any thoughts?, bear in mind that its not yet finished.

also if any one is intrested, both sets of lights are on trademe http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =355314236

• 2 weeks later...

soooo.... lights turn up, ones cracked and one chrome ring is dented... worst of all is they were all orange indicators :?

so wizzed them to work, resined up the crack, flushed them off, chose the worst two, and dyed them red, (dye is like a basecoat version of candy, candy being two pack) and clear coated them all out... result being a set of bling as rx2 tails!

not long now

http://img87.imageshack.us/i/53041040.jpg

just gota massage the ding out of the ring, autosol the fuckers up, and booya

hopefully more pics after this weekend

• 3 weeks later...

seeing as all the fab/body work is finished on the bum of my 626 now.

me and my neighbour have been discussing (read: being convinced lol)

cuting the rear guards off and the door skins, adding 100mm of steel and sticthing it back on.

im kinda keen, but also know its going to take a bit, and would rather get on with axle swap...

but then i have just been offered a 5stud hilux lsd complete from drum to drum for $400. So shortening the diff proberbly wouldnt need to happen, am i right?

descisions descisons....

the neighbour is actually the dude who did steve soles 100mm pump on his new toyota when he was working for dwayne lilly at bell block panel beaters here in NP, so experience isnt an issue.

thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

changed the lock diff to rx3 short nose open wheeler.

got new brake shoes, wheel cylnders, bearings, diff oil, brake fluid and my axles, been converted to 5x114.... as it turns out the shop cant follow labled instructions as theyve put the right side backing plate on the left axle and vice versa... result: handbrake cables wont mate up :(

so theyve been dropped back off to have the new $56 each bearing smashed out and new ones pressed in... i'll go ape shit if i have to pay for this as every part was labled left and right.

gunna be a cunt if i snap an axle hahaha

sooo... i have a drivable car again, YAY... went thru without too many issues.

i must say i do like the normal open diff to the lockie that was in it... complete different car to drive now. very happy in that respect.

need to find the brake adjuster bit for the drivers side shoe... never had one in it :? gay buzz there (if any one has some or know of some... theyre the bits that are circlipped to the brake shoe/pad, need the small spring too!! holla at me)

went for a hoon, did some skidz, slipped some clutch :|

next on the list, put my flowmaster resonator muffler type thingy in it along with new tip in the attempt to make it quieter. buy wheels (still saving) buy a 5puk clutch kit (clutch last, as i can drive the car and want to make it legal asap)

thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

page 5 eeep, not alot has happened as of late due to lack of motivation/working heaps/drinking heaps of piss etc but i spent a weekend fixing shit that needed welding and thought i was basically ready to roll into work for the big panel job/respray, but found some meke rust in the, would you call them C pillers? must be B pillers being a two door coupe. quite bad, had to cut the rust out and reconstruct quite a bit... still waiting to tidy up then paint.

scored 6 weld racing draglite mags which weigh two tenths of fuck all, all have balloon tyres, 4 of them are 15"x7", the other 2 have hoosier slicks and are a mamoth 10" wide... all for the huge sum of four and a half hours overtime at my work LOL, stoked.

if anyone has a semi decent colour they think it should be painted please let me know as im still very undecided...

btw, the series 5 front stuts etc in a 626=head fuck.

they obviously have way more track compared to stock 626 gear and have made body work a major just to keep 7" wheels on the front... didnt help that i need 8mm spacers just to clear the 4pots... sheesh... 0 offset fml

have gone to drastic measures and butcherd my guards and applied some universal flares, with stainless rivnuts and stainless m5 hex bolts (btw, rivnuts rule my fucking face tonight).. plug welding the rear inner guard to the outer was fun... im told each plug weld is equivelent to a PK screw, pffft wtf.

will be buying 27mm spacers for the rear and the bigest tyres possible in the future to try meet the front tyre width (theyre only 195z on the front LOL)

some of these pics dont show the flares all done.

p1000156m.jpg

p1000157i.jpg

p1000158n.jpg

p1000160w.jpg

p1000162z.jpg

p1000163qg.jpg

btw, dont have the draglites on in these pics, just my crappy mods

• 8 months later...

so after a few weeks mucking around i got it to work yesterday, and spent most of today prepping it for spritzfiller (spray bog)... During next week i'll be prepping hard and priming it, aiming to squirt some colour at it on saturday (fingers crossed)...

so without further a due, heres a cupley pics of it masked in the booth ready for spritz...

sorry i didnt get any after shots, but you get the idea

img20120624103828.jpg

img20120624103838.jpg

img20120624103846.jpg

img20120624103857.jpg

img20120624103915.jpg

since theres been so much interest on my project (sarcasm dripping)

another update!!

finished my "prepping" of the spray bog, and prepped the boot floor area and engine bay today.

smashed two mint coats of primer on the shell, painted my rear screen area black, aswell as inner guard area, and engine bay complete!, then since im such a fag for a nice texture finish i textured my modified boot interia. looks the biz.

heres the engine bay:

img20120630122643.th.jpg

img20120630122633.th.jpg

and a couple of the boot floor:

img20120630122657.th.jpg

img20120630122705.th.jpg

excuse the masking etc...

also excuse gay as imageshack for fucking up the dumb click on a pic shit

Picking up my rear windscreen tomorrow from a good mate who is owner/operator of ProTint (0800PROTINT) window tinters, will be fitting the screen tomorrow and let the beast rest untill im back on wednesday

fingers crossed that i'll get it home all shiney and new this time next week... god had better watch over my kids and stop them from scratching it hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

such a huge milestone...

painted the bloody thing today.

looks amazing in person and you cant see shit in these pics.

Was given some pretty flash clear for this, stoked as, i wasnt keen to fork out the $700 lol

now this major part of the car is done i'll have copius amounts of enthusiasm to get the rest done.

uber happy right now

img20120709200612.th.jpg

img20120709200526.th.jpg

img20120709200618.th.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

well car has been put back together for a while now, minus the interior.

front wheels offset have been changed to +20 and are sitting real nice in front

the car is on trademe, but only real reason its there is that i had a moment of cbf'd anymore, and it cost a shit load to list, so will just keep listing...

am definatly open to offers if anyones interested, not that theres much lol

but am keeping on keeping on with it, as it sits in my shed its not costing anything but my time...

but within saying that i will be hitting a exspensie part of making it legal soon, and just like most of us, money is tight.

any ideas what its going to cost to cert with all my mods?

am told that because my adjustable lower arms dont have crush tubes that it maybe an issue?

holla