drivekp60s 1984 kp60 starlet

So ive owned this starlet for about 2 years now it was completely standard when i got it. originally it was powered by a 1000cc 2k but have since upgraded to a mildly worked 1300cc 4k. it was factory slant front/non drop hatch but i didn't like the look of it so i converted it to flat front.

this is what it looked like when i got it.

oyea.jpg

yayayaya.jpg

anyway long story short this is what it now looks like awaiting paint.

newworkequipsyuy.jpg

sickocunt.jpg

exhuast.jpg

and a quick photo shop job.

newworkequip01s.jpg

At the moment it has 13x6 work equip 01s on the front and 13x5.5 hotwires on the back but i have a pair of 13x6.5 ssr xr4 longchamps on the way.

newwheelsniggas.jpg

the engine is a twin squish 4k with the following mods:

32/36 weber down draft carburetor off a Cortina.

kelford f12 fast road cam.

lightened flywheel.

extractors to a 2'' pipe with a 2.5 inch tip.

with a 5 speed gearbox and running a 4.3 ratio diff head.

my plans are to put the longchamps on the back, lower it 40mm more in the rear and about 50mm more in the front and give it a panel and paint in either red or white in the near future.

Cheers

Callum

So my long champs turned up today. Turns out they are type A long champs. Apparently they are lighter and a lot more rare. Gave them a quick polish up and man they came up good, possibly to good kinda look like chromes. Anyway heres some photos of how they sit.

newwhels.jpg

They are 13 x 6.5s with 175 70s, need some 175 60s but meh. Got 7mm spacers on the back and 5mm spacers on the front. just bought some 15mm bolt on spacers for the back literary 2 minutes ago.

newwhels1.jpg

should be lowering it within the next 2 weeks so heres a photoshop of what it will look like afterwards.

fmjmh.jpg

will do another update once its lowered.

callum

• 3 weeks later...

So i kind of lowered it.....

In the rear i got my springs (aftermarket lowering springs) compressed 40mm and cut the bump stops down 20mm, they were made to be cut down haha. That leaves me with 30mm travel. To hold them captive i used some ke70 wagon rear shocks.

bump.jpg

In the front i was going to compress my springs, but i manned up and put my coil overs back in. Will one day get adjustable platforms welded onto them as it sits way to high. The coil overs were apparently made up by chamberlains (i got them of trade me a while back)so I don't know the spring rate, but they are extremely firm for a street car this light. I had them in for a warrant about a year ago and the warrant guy failed me on them being to firm, and for having no cert.

DSC03387.jpg

To high in the front still, but It handles a lot better these days, almost no body roll.

DSC03411.jpg

yf.jpg

DSC03416.jpg

I also put some tires onto my 13x8 widened steelies, some 175s. they were a bit of a cunt to get on but got there in the end.

DSC03399.jpg

win.jpg

The tread sits inside the guards nicely now.

win2.jpg

Might have some more wheels coming soon. :D

Callum

• 2 months later...

not much of an update...

the commands arrived about 2 months ago, they are a bit rough. Ive got a 5mm spacer behind them which makes them sit flush.(hard to tell because its so high)

DSC03497.jpg

welded up the flare holes on the front, haven't really tidied them up properly yet. and bought some trim to go along the side as i pulled it off ages ago and lost half of it.

DSC03496.jpg

DSC03495.jpg

the back sits a good couple of center meters lower in the other side...

next thing to do is to make up some coilovers. Im probably going to use the t3 weld on coilover kit. also need to get rid of the monster profile tires.

sup.jpg

has anyone had experience with these? any problems with them?

discussion thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23484

callum

• 4 weeks later...

Parts arrived

DSC03513-1.jpg

I put the new cluster in but the tacho isn't going, must be something wrong with the tacho or the wiring.

Sleeves from t3 arrived today along with a spin turn knob.

DSC03514.jpg

180mm long 350 lb springs (springs will probably be too firm) with 150mm long sleeves.

before:

DSC03505.jpg

after:

DSC03517.jpg

Just need to get them welded up and find some keepers.

Callum