GX61's 1984 GX61 cressida

gx61

Hey this is my 1984 gx61 cressida i got a few months ago now, thought i would put put up a post about whats guna down on it...

I bought it completely stock standard of an old man, with the theme of boso in mind.

Its a one owner with the original 106000kms on the clock, its factory 5speed manual with the 1geu. The interior is completely mint, no tears or anything. He didn't like the bonnet mirrors, so he got them taken off an put side mirrors on. As soon as i got home put them back on, took the hub caps of and a few other things took a few pics when i got it home.

Discuss here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23386

dsc01414p.jpg

dsc01542.jpg

dsc01540h.jpg

dsc01387l.jpg

So yea thats that. Its pretty gay atm. This is what i want it looking like..

img7771g.jpg

Went searching on good ol Trade me for wheels, and came across these

wheelse302.jpg

15X8 sprotmax wheels, 4x114.3 and 4x100

tyres are 185 55 15

rims and tyres have done 500km max had them on a e30

Chucked them on just to see what they look like.. I think it might be sitting a bit high, hmmm might have to think bout lowering it in the near future. (missing the drivers side window shroud as you can see, found one later on Trade me haha

dsc01395m.jpg

dsc01373f.jpg

Then found a steering wheel and some sounds..

Its a pretty mean wheel, the sounds are all sony. 6'' components with separate tweeters, 600watt amp, top of the line headunit and 6x12s. So quite a bit of money sitting there. Got a mean deal less than half price, local guy won the package of a sound off comp.

dsc01544o.jpgdsc01510kp.jpg

so got the headunit, amp and components in, and starting to find out nothing is easy to install in theses cars, everythings custom made!

dsc01546cb.jpg

So i want this thing to stand out, so went searching for shit. Found a spoiler of a wreaked gx71, got that painted up and looking pretty. Then bought some 'BOZO' plates and a hunger ring, And some other bits an pieces. starting to go wild style now...

dsc01548f.jpg

All that shits just sitting round, guna wait till shes lowered..

So, about the suspension, i went searching and did some research which would be the best option, and with the help of ryan viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15567&hilit=ryans+gx61 he gave me some really good advice, so im going to use s13 bc gold adjustibles, with ford sierra springs. So the nxt question is where am i going to find some of these, for a good price. Thanks to REDLINE PERFORMANCE i got a really good deal on some brand new BC Gold adjustys...peeeerfct.

Here they are brand spanking new out of the box,

dsc01484l.jpg

So dads a welder which is handy, and machined and tig welded the cut down GX61 struts to the BC sleeves. Looks perfect. The cert guy has said it is looking good.

Hers some photos of the first few stages

dsc01514cb.jpgdsc01516hd.jpg

dsc01534p.jpg

Now primer....

dsc01539he.jpg

Finished primer..

dsc01547ie.jpg

Finished product all painted, looks good.

dsc01649k.jpg

dsc01644r.jpg

Also got the 6x12's in, which sound wicked, sitting in some custom made spacers painted black...

dsc01652.jpg

So, not much progress for a while. Still sky high, but hopefully this week can get those adjustables in. :rolleyes:

Heres i pic..

dsc01810a.jpg

...And heres a few pics of my mates te71 corolla, shes a pretty sweet ride, and is for sale - 0277130680. chucked my 15s on to see what it looked like...

dsc01818e.jpg

dsc01819cd.jpg

Finally got round to doing the suspension, everything is being done properly, got new brake pads too, and some 25mm spacers. Is a bit of a mission, but will look awesome when finished.

dsc01851f.jpg

dsc01853s.jpg

dsc01884s.jpg

Finished my suspension, rides so nice. Had to cut about two coils of the springs. Damn she was a big job. Also got my spoiler on, nothing is an easy job on these cars

dsc01918m.jpgdsc01925dt.jpg

dsc01933i.jpgdsc01935au.jpg

dsc01938l.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...