Di0n's 1983 KE70 Wagon 4AGE

di0n

Took this for a test run last night out the back roads. Cleans up cats eyes and any uneven patches in the road and leaves great trails of sparks. Needs the plate "GRADER". But handles real well and isn't very bouncy which is great. Have to sort out some issues now though as it is losing charge and couldn't handle headlights and wipers on the way home. Also it seems to be overheating at strange times. Hopefully sort all of this out this weekend though.

Sorry no pictures to show.

Good news:

-Cleaned up and tightened some connections (coil was just sitting loose in the engine bay) and is running way better.

-Found i have room to lift the exhaust around 2 inches which should cure my belly drag problems.

-The overheating may have been an air lock or something as we managed to get another litre or two of water into it this morning and had no more overheating troubles today.

Bad news:

-Alternator appears to have died so I need to sort out a replacement.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright so over the last week I have removed the battery cable from under the car and run it inside the car to stop it dragging on the road (battery in boot). Also had the front half of the exhaust lifted making it driveable but it has made the rear section bang on the diff every bump I hit so more work is needed sometime. Seeing it over the pit also gave me more problems. One of the axle seals is leaking badly all through one of the drums. The fuel pump is wired badly and the wiring is hanging down. And due to the exhaust shop moving my loom slightly it now had a rather big melted section where it was left sitting on my extractors. So it seems once again its one step forward two steps back. Will get more pics this weekend...