Jifs Celeste-the Manlyest named Mitsubishi of them all

Jif

Finally got a chance the start a project post. I got this off trade me after I could not find a decent ke25/ke35 that wasn't going for crazy money. Its a factory GSR with a 5 speed manuel and 2L 4g52. Was standed when I brought it bar 6X9 butched into the door cards and some 13X6 turbo ripoff wheels.

What I've not done so far: a full panel and paint, some ex gsr brakes and LSD, and new carpets and recolour the interior. Might Put a sohc 4g63t :doubt: or 4g54 once I've done the paint.

What I've done so far(not showen in these pics): Lowered on dobi springs and blocks. Fitted some 15X7 -0 offset hotwires(only had to roll the front guards). Fixed the burnt exhaust valve. Done some rust repairs.

img6105small.jpg

img6107small.jpg

img6108small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got the twin carbs on about 20 minutes ago. Missfires like crazy and leaks a little but should have it fixed next time I have it at work.

mmmm shiny

p1010909medium.jpg

More shiny

p1010908medium.jpg

hmmm might have to replace this

p1010910medium.jpg

and some of my new rims and ride high.

p1010911medium.jpg

p1010912medium.jpg

p1010913medium.jpg

• 7 months later...

O.K. So today I finally got around to towing it to my car back to to my folks house to get into the rust and preping it for paint. There was surprising little rust in the floor but the boot well was full of it. I will have a look for a car with a similar boot at the scrap yard and hack it up to patch up the holes. I look forward to having a hoon on my dads tig to fix it.

Its resting place since hawes boes last year.

p1020426f.jpg

Lush. Same colour. Same year.

p1020428q.jpg

p1020430h.jpg

All the rust I could find. So far...

p1020431l.jpg

p1020432l.jpg

This was stiffed behind some of the interior panels. I don't think its standed as this would be used a bedding in porirua where it was made(not wellington as I was lead to believe).

p1020433oa.jpg

This was under my mats, WTF is it?

p1020434.jpg

Found some dirt, but no rust. Wierd.

p1020435.jpg

Discuss http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23203

• 3 months later...

Time for an over due up date. I have bolted in the dummy engine and started plumbing it up. I am going to keep the standard Celeste radiator and have made a low hose to suit, but I will have to wait until I have move the thermostat housing to make the top hose. Wiring wise I'm hoping to keep the standard 4G63 computer and get it wired in for cash. The block is a wide block so I am keeping the standard Celeste gearbox as I wont be doing skids every were. I'm using L300 SOHC 4G63 engine mounts with celeste rubbers.

For the body I've cut the rust out of the boot and are hoping to weld patches in tonight or maybe next week. All the other rust has been cleaned off and PA10 which is haw it will stay until I paint it. There is nothing but the dash left inside it as I tock it all out while looking for rust.

The 4G63 in all its mite

dscf0023qn.jpg

RWD EVO manifold which, by the way, has smaller ports so I'm sending it back for a VR4 manifold

dscf0024hh.jpg

All striped out

dscf0026tj.jpg

Some parts I got off Fuel, I end up not using the alternator and pulleys so if anyone wants them PM me.

dscf0027z.jpg

The disgusting Dummy engine

dscf0029ie.jpg

Cutting the rust out.

dscf0031a.jpg

Sorted out the pulleys by pressing the water pump pulley down a bit

dscf0037k.jpg

RWD oil filter housing with holes for a oil cooler

dscf0038d.jpg