Brought a complete truck in bits only got pics of the cab so far so here goes

118672623full.jpg

118672718full.jpg

Will get more pics of the rest when i pick it up

Engine 351Clevor Windser block Cleveland heads

roller rockers,stainless valves,forged pistons,quad IDF webbers

{picking it up tomorrow will post pics}

T10 4 spd just need a bell housing

Plans defo street legal!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)8)

suicide the doors

undecided on chopping the roof

Gunna channel the body over the chassis

Bare metal finish

Also scored a Model T wellside rusty as but it'll work

prolly go for late model xr8 brakes & wheel stud front & rear something needs to stop that 400odd horses pumpin out the front & man it will be a light wee thing..

Picked the engine & gearbox up today found out a bit more info

Steel crank

eagle rods

Msd ign

Runs a diesel alternator for vac for the brakes

Hard out set up ex Marathon boat cos of the cleveland heads theres no thermosat housing etc just 2 hoses straight into the heads.

All Im missing is mounts waterpump, pulleys & fuel pump..

imgp4747x.jpg

imgp4749t.jpg

t10 4 spd is all good just missing bellhousing & shifter pressure plate

imgp4750j.jpg

mint flywheel & a half worn clutch plate

imgp4752u.jpg

pic of the model T deck I have to very rusty but thats the idea I think

dsc01643i.jpg

yo need a few items thought i'd try here first

windsor starter motor{auto one}

351 windsor water pump

windsor standard pulleys {just waterpump & crank }

Also want a c4 trans complete to fit yep you guessed it a Windsor

the T10 4spd i have is mint but a bell housing & gearlever is gunna ping me nearly a grand then i still need to sort a fork & slavecylinder .So fark that auto will do

Chur boyz

went to check it out yesterday the dude has got like 5 1 standard 1 hotrod 2 in bits & a gypsy caravan . Going to pick it up next saturday so should be sweet.. Took a couple of picks of his mini rodded one hard case machine .

V6 auto ,scratch built chassis ,8 inch diff Torana front end..

dscf5277ym.jpg

dscf5282.jpg

dscf5279.jpg

not a fan of the deck but hey

dscf5283y.jpg

dscf5284.jpg

brought a water pump, flex plate pulleys Hei dizzy {fuck spending $700 ont eh MSD unit to control the MSD Dizzy} & set of standard pulleys..

Had a mean score today called into Silvester V8 to get some shit for the Pontiac went out back with the sales dude & happend to see a c4 on the floor complete with torque convertor & driveshaft yoke . Asked him what the go was with it he said it was a sweet trans shift kitted & for sale on behalf been there for about 2 years . The dude had told them he wanted $350 {which is pretty good} So I offered them $200 they rang up the owner & he took it.. :D:D Fucken mean sinse i sold the T10 as it was on tard me For $500 8)

dsc01666w.jpg

dsc01667ki.jpg

Picked the bad mofo up today im keen to drop the cleavor in there as it sits looks wild as

dscf5313b.jpg

the chassis is in really good nick I'll have to beef the shit out of it up front but thats cool

dscf5311t.jpg

the front has been upgrades to old V8 steering box tierods,& drag link

dscf5314y.jpg

even got an old Ford V8 diff but i don't expect that to last 5 mins with 450+hp up front

dscf5316.jpg

got most of the shit with it missign a few small things door handles etc

dscf5317.jpg

something tells me it aint gunna be easy getting the munting V8 in there but hey I love a challange I have a feeling

it will be taking part residence in the cab

dscf5319u.jpg

Okay not much progress on this baby been to busy finishing the Morry trailer had a big yarn to Wayne martin {certifier} yesterday about plans etc for the beasty. It was well worth it cos he said theres no way it would get road legal using the factory chassis even modded it was way to light . As far as body mods go for you life was pretty much his statement.. So new plan brought a 84 Nissan ute for $150 today{mean score } its on it way down from Masterton already.

Makes my job even easier late brakes ,steering even got a later model LSD diff & cos its a complete ute I can use other bits off it. It will have to be reg'd as scratch built which means its needs 2 spd wipers, retractable belts & lock type door catches everything else pretty much free rain.. going to body drop it for sure but gone away from chopping the roof..

heres a couple of pics of the ute

121390393full.jpg

121390371full.jpg

121390406full.jpg

began work on it 5am thismorning stripped the cab off the nissan got a bit of chassis work to do to make the old ford body fit etc

dsc01704zs.jpg

dsc01706g.jpg

trial fitment of the guards & grill not to bad should have a cool stance when done..

dsc01716pm.jpg

dsc01717x.jpg

going to cut through the blue lines & remount the Stabilizer Rod mounts in the red circles

dsc01718qa.jpg

will have to shorten the Stabilizer Rods aswel as re-mount them

dsc01719s.jpg

this is a rough idea of what i'll do up front

dsc01704zf.jpg

got a bit involved thismorning & at lunchtime.

sat the cab on the nissan chassis fuck me it nearly fit purrrrrrrrrrrfectly chopped out the fire wall wee bit more to go .

my only dilema is the f-guards cos they dont line up . I like the look of them but to make em fit they will need cut a lengthined but if i do the it may throw the look of them off

so yah bit stuck like the no guard look but not too sure there either & i'd have to wait til I can apply for a exemption..

For nor gunna channel the body down to where I want it to sit mount the engine & trans & go from there.

dsc01726f.jpg

dsc01727t.jpg

dsc01723k.jpg

dsc01721bf.jpg

got the engine sitting in today fit primo got a bit of work to do forthe trans mount tho :D sits on the torsion bar bolts

channeled the body down a bit more too looks mean as got a seat outta the old mazda 1200 ute i wrecked it will also fit primo..

dsc01735c.jpg

dsc01741l.jpg

dsc01743h.jpg

dsc01745z.jpg

dsc01738e.jpg

Also had a fuck round with photoshop roof choppin it like it to the baddest but not sure if I wanna do it just yet going to dhop 400mm out of the chassis to shorten it up..

finishedchopcopy.jpg

Small update

brought some 3 inch lowering blocks & some new engine & trans mounts heated up the drivers door hinges & removed the rusted pins hung the door with new ones

Fitted the blocks they sat the bitch right down low & man I love it. Still got 70mm of travel & thats without changing the bump stops to shorter ones

dsc01746g.jpg

dsc01749g.jpg

dsc01751w.jpg

next week going to mount the engine & trans & shorten the chassis

Guys I need abit of info

Sits real nice height wise but I want to shorten the chassis as it was a nissan kingcab chassis its way to long .

I have a model A wellside I want to put on it .Now my question what size plate{thickness} is regulation size{if there is one }to use to plate the chassis after I cut the section out. You can see from the pics what im wanting to do!!!

standard length after blocks fitted

rigtruck.jpg

The white lines are my rough cutting points taking out the yellow section

chassischoppic.jpg

Giving this as a result

rigtruckcopy.jpg

any advise wil be great

Also on making up a subframe for the floor of the cab/trans tunnel etc was thinking 25/30mm box . Thoughts ??

Not much of an update this week been busy sorting out the trans in the Pontiac instead. Started making mounts this week but i did buy some mooneyes wheel discs they are alloy & some noddy has painted them so i'm gunna paint strip em & leave the skinnys on there. They only stung me $30 I thought they were copies but they have the moon stamp on them so score.

Gives it the whole salt racer look.. :D:D

dsc01765s.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Made a bit of progress this weeks shortened the chassis & mocked up the well side . Also got the cab pretty much where I want it to sit it will raise up by about 50mm after its mounted

dsc01837p.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dsc01840r.jpg

dsc01841j.jpg

got the steering column semi mounted too talk about a mint fit its exactly the right length

• 5 weeks later...