FuzzayD's 72 hc Viva

FuzzayD

I bought this as a parts car for my magnum but now the magnum has become this ones parts car.

I've put the 1800 front suspension in with the 1300 mazda engine painted a couple parts and put in a tacho.

DSCF0155.jpg

DSCF0289.jpg

DSCF0290.jpg

Next thing I'm going to do is fit this exhaust from a gsx 1400 suzuki motorbike. I'm pretty sure it's not an upgrade and if anything it a de-formance mod but it's so shiny.

And to try and get it to stop making so much blue smoke.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DSCF0373.jpg

The reason i sent the head to be machined was because i couldn't fit the valvestem seals on turns out they were the wrong ones. Oh well got the head back had a couple water ways welded fixed as they had corroded into big holes and had the head skimmed and the dowels repaired as someone had torqued the rocker assembly onto them wrong and crushed them. I found it best to put the rods in the rocker assembly and then into the head otherwise the rockers and such get caught up and jammed on everything and make lining it up a nightmare. And the valves were seated, it cost $300 which i think is pretty cheap any way i put it all together and it goes now just need exhaaust welded up and its wof time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

okey dokey has been ages, motor essploded and i bought a new one. Then there was an earthquake that made everything super fucking sandy. For no reason i replaced every gasket and seal, i didnt do anything in the block like rear seal or oil pump. have an anti roll bar installed, 5 speed and finally wired up the altenator correctly to the regulator.

Also I snapped a bolt off where the mechanical fuel pump mounts and it was too far down to whack a nut on or anything. So i tried to drill it out while motor stil in, ended up drilling wonky, drilled the hole bigger, tapped it and then drilled into the bigger bolt for the hole, put the bigger bolt in chopped its head off and was able to fix my fuck up.

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

Also my wheels hit the front panel so gonna bend it out of the way and put in a remote oil filter kit as oil filter was hitting steering

DSC00138.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

and i plug welded in a new seat mount as the old one had ripped the floor pan

DSC00167.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

And am currently trying to set up some reverse lights only the switch on the g box on the left stops continuity when put into fourth gear not reverse. and i don't know what the thing on the right is any one know?

next step is to fix the steering colum i bent by not undoing it when i lifted the car off the motor

DSC00185.jpg

oh and my awesome paint job started running off and has all faded from sand damage, next time i wont be using bunnings fiddly bits spray paint even though it comes out with a top notch finish

• 2 months later...

Am going to fabricate a fancy front spoiler and have taken my car in to be painted, was told not to waste my time because it has too many dents and will never look any good unless i spend thousands on panel repair. :( Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo umm... now i don't know what to do. Am going to strip and inspect the motor if it's no good will sell the car.

• 2 months later...

I've put moneys into the motor and had it decked and bored out to accept the largest piston diameter, new pistons... well acually everything in the motor is new or machined.

My cam is off to become lumpy. I don't know how lumpy yet.

DSC00390.jpg

the result of the block being decked and larger bore has raised my compression ratio to 11.3:1

DSC00391.jpg

and this is my vivas current state

DSC00387.jpg

it was being readied to be painted but then got sand attacked again and extensively damaged as i carted it around Canterbury trying to find a new place to live

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The celica front looked gay so i tried something else just need to find like a grill or something to take up all the space around the lights, since the headlights are custom mounted there's not a factory grill that will fit so i will have to make up something and i just cant be bothered anymore and have run out of ideas.

edited_zps64e0c815.jpg

• 1 month later...

Grills and bumpers are hard and i don't really want to try hard so i'm just going to put an oil cooler in the front to distract attention from the fan and exposed area around the lights

IMG_20130608_161151_zpsb20aa3b6.jpg

So where do you guys think i should run my lines and mount my cooler that looks good? I know that with such a massive cooler my oil will probably never reach temp and blah blah blah... Because race car, ok.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've come to the part where i need to run in my fresh motor but i don't have a wof and thus can't get rego. So i decided to just do a burnout to load her up alittle, unfortunately my cluth did not want to do a burn out and blew its release bearing to pieces.

Thus the viva curse continues.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I found some old shocks and thought i'd post some pics of how to lower them, not sure on the legalities but seems safe

2013-07-21140222_zpsbf45cb87.jpg

2013-07-21140710_zps73a27dd1.jpg

2013-07-21141309_zps2cf7f66a.jpg

So yeah just cut off the cover then grind down the protruding parts and run down the shaft with a die, once done chuck on a rubber stop and thread down a nylock nut this will lower the vehicle and shorten the stroke of the shock by however much you want. A note of caution if you thread down too much and the threaded portion of the shaft goes past the oil seal you'll let all the oil out and fuck the seal so don't do that and once you have threaded the shaft don't compress the shock until you have a nut on it.